Chapter 19

I woke up sad. Today was our last day at the beach. I'm going to miss the sand and cool water but most of all I'm going to miss Dan. Over the past few days we've became best friends again but something a little more. We both agreed that we can't date because of the distance but we decided to make the most out of the time we had. The weekend has been filled with lots of hugs, kisses, and snuggling. I'm not ready to go back but I know I can't keep running away from my problems.

I got out of bed and put my swimsuit on. It was early and none of the girls were awake yet so I decided to go on an early morning swim by myself. The water was a bit cold but I didn't mind, I dove right in. After about ten minutes of swimming around a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and warm lips kissed my wet shoulder. "I'm going to miss you Mally." Dan said. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm going to miss you too." I leaned in and gave him a soft kiss. "When are you guys leaving?" Dan asked. "3:00" I answered. "This is really going to suck." Dan said. I nodded my head in agreement. "Let's not think about it. Let's just swim." I said. And that's what we did for hours. The girls came out eventually.

My heart felt empty as I put the last bag into the back of the car. Dan was next to me with his arms crossed. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm really going to miss you." I whispered. "I'm going to miss you too Mally." I pulled away a little and crashed my lips to his. We were definitely taking out time with the kiss. "Madison sorry to interrupt but my parents want me home by 5." Bobbi said. I pulled away and nodded. I gave Dan one last squeeze and peck on the lips before getting into the drivers seat of Vanessa's jeep. I backed out of the driveway and Dan gave me a sad wave. I gave him a small smile and waved back then pressed the gas and drove away.

We had been driving for ten minutes when I hear a, "I need to pee!", from the back. It was of corse Bobbi. "Really dude?" I asked. I looked in the rearview mirror and Bobbi was giving me a guilty smile. "We have to stop at the small shop anyway." I say. "Thank god." Bobbi said. I shake my head but sill smile. I pull into the small shop, Country Side Shop, and we all get out. I put gas into the jeep while everyone else went inside. Once I was done filling up the tank I also went inside. I saw all the girls licking ice cream cones and Vanessa handed me one. One of the best things about this weekend was how close Vanessa got to the rest of the girls and I. We are like the five musketeers now. While in the shop I also got some chips and candy for everyone. Wolf got the drinks.

We finished paying and got back on the road. "Are you nervous to go back?" Cece asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I can't believe he cheated. But I guess all their fans would be happy to know both of them are single." Bobbi said. "You know what fuck the Dolan twins. Their both ass holes. I mean I still love Grayson but what he did to Bobbi was fucked up." I said. "Yeah but uh Grayson and I have actually been talking and I think we're gong to get back together." Bobbi said. I smiled at her through the mirror. "That's great! I'm so happy for you." I said, and I was. I wasn't jealous or anything. I was glad that she was happy. "So Vanessa since you've been back have you seen any possible future boyfriends?" I asked. "Uh I don't know. I thought that the cute subway dude was flirting with me but I'm not for sure." Vanessa said with a shrug. "Oh my gosh are you talking about Jack?" I practically yelled. "I think that's his name." She said. I let out a little squeal before saying, "I ship it." Everyone laughed. For the rest of the drive we sang songs and ate food.

Once I finally got home I ran upstairs and flopped on to my bed. On the nightstand was some roses and watermelon sour patch kids, my favorite candy. Attached to the roses was a note.

Madison, please forgive me. I love you so much. I made a dumb mistake and I hate myself for it. I can't and won't live without you. I'm not giving up. I love you.
-E

I groaned and put the card back on my nightstand and grabbed my phone. Since I had left my phone at home I had over 100 text messages and 31 calls. Most were from Ethan. I ignored his because most said, "I'm sorry." "Take me back." "I love you." There was however a text from Dan.

D: I miss you so much already

Attached was a picture I think Cece took. It was from our second day there and Dan and I were swimming. He had pulled me close and kissed me. Cece got the picture right before our lips touched. I really loved the picture. I saved it and set it as my screen saver. After I did that I texted him back.

M: I miss you more. I wish you were here right next to me
D: I know. I want nothing more that to just kiss you and wrap my arms around you

I awed at that. Dan and I texted for a few hours before I decided I need to take a shower. I got off my bed and stretched before heading to my bathroom. When I got up I passed my window and of corse being the nosey person I am I glanced out my window and into Ethan's room. My jaw dropped. For the past few days all he's done was beg me to forgive him and give him a second chance and he kept telling me how much he loved me but here he is right now siting on his bed making out with Sarah. I can't believe I actually started to consider taking him back. He clearly doesn't care and the worse part it that I do. I hate that I still love him when he clearly doesn't care about me. I know it's very hypocritical to be upset about him kissing Sarah when I spent all weekend making out with Dan but it still hurt. I really do care about Dan but he was more of a distraction. There was a moment right before I closed my curtains that Ethan and Sarah broke away and Sarah looked me dead in the eye and smirked. I can't believe I lost my boyfriend to a clearly evil bitch. I huffed and went to the bathroom. I striped and got into the shower. I let the warm water clear my mind. After my shower I went straight to bed.