Chapter 21

I get woken up by light shining in my eyes. I sit up in my bed and stretch. I let out a little yawn as I rub my eyes. I checked my phone and saw that Grayson had texted me.

G: come over whenever
M: ok I'll be over in Iike 15

I got up and went into the bathroom. I made myself a bit more presentable. I was just going to go over with my hair in a bun, the sweat shirt I slept in, and my pajama shorts. I brushed my teeth before heading downstairs. I grabbed two pieces of bacon off my aunts plate as I pasted her on my way to the door. "Hey!" She yelled at me. "Love you!" I yelled over my shoulder before I closed the front door shut behind me. The ground was a bit wet because it rained last night. I walk into Grayson's house and up the stairs. I put my hand over my eyes before I entered his room just in case. "I hope your decent." I said. "Your good." Grayson told me. I put my hand down and sat down next to him on his bed.

"Bacon?" I asked as I extended one of the stolen pieces of bacon to him. He leaded down and took the bacon out of my hand with his teeth. "Your one weird child." I said. "Yes I am but you still love me." He said. "Unfortunately I do." I said. "So what's the situation with Bobbi?" I asked. "Uh I went over to her house last night and asked her out again." Grayson told me. "And?" I asked. "She said yes." He smiled. I jumped off the bed and did a happy dance. "Finally! I'm so happy for you guys!" I said excitedly. "Me too. What's up with you and Ethan?" Grayson asked. My smile fell and I sat back down. "I hate him but I love him." I said. "If you love him then why don't you get back together with him?" Grayson asked. "Because also I hate him. Last night I saw him making out with Sarah in his room and it felt like he stomped on my heart. I truly love him but I just don't think he loves me anymore I mean if he ever did love me." I said. "Of corse he loves you. He's been crying like a little baby since you broke up with him." Grayson told me. "Funny it didn't seem like he was crying when he was shoving his tongue down Sarah's throat. " l said. "Ok I have nothing to say about that. But I still think you should take him back." Gray said. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. What do you want to do?" I asked. "Uh lets go down to the garage." Grayson and I got up and left his room.

I walked into the garage and fumbled for the light switch. Once I finally managed to find it it turned on the light. I walked over to the sofa they have in there and sat down. Grayson was still by the door. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm sorry Madison." Grayson said. I gave him a confused look. He swung the door shut and locked it. I was still majorly confused. From the corner of the room Ethan stepped out from behind a big cabinet. "Oh hell no." I said. I briskly walked to the door and started to pound on it. "Grayson open this door right fucking now before I shove my foot up your ass so far you'll be tasting my toes!" I yelled. "Madison please just talk to me." Ethan begged. "What are we going to talk about Ethan? How your sorry? How your never going to do it again? Well guess what Ethan it's all complete bull shit and I don't want to hear it!" I yelled. I saw tears form in his eyes. "Madison please I love you. I have a reason for it." Ethan said. "You have a reason? A reason? You have a reason as to why you ripped my heart out then proceeded to stomp on it until there's nothing left? What is this reason?" I asked. "I- I can't tell you." He said. "Well isn't that just convenient isn't it? Ethan I love you so much and I hate it because every time I look at you I hurt." I said quietly. I felt tears streaming down my face. "Madison I hate myself for doing it. I really do. But can you just trust that I did it to protect you." Ethan begged. "Your unbelievable." I said and walked towards the door. Ethan grabbed my hand and stopped me from leaving. I turned around and glared at him. "Please?" He asked. I could see the regret and pain in his eyes and for a moment I about gave in but the image of him and Sarah flashed in my head. "Get off me." I said with so much venom in my voice that it even surprised me. Ethan let go and looked down at the ground. I turned around and went to the door. I knocked on it and glared at Grayson through the little window. I guess he could tell that I really wasn't in the mood because he unlocked the door and opened it for me. "I'm sorry." He said. I mumbled a whatever and walked past him without a single glance.

As I climbed up the stairs to my bedroom I just replayed our conversation in my head. It haven't taken more than 10 minutes and I felt broken. I love Ethan more than anything in the world and he betrayed me. I walked into my room and flung myself on to my bed and for the first time since the breakup I actually cried. Before I would just tear up, I hadn't allowed myself to full on cry but I couldn't keep it in anymore. The pain and anger seemed to be intensified. I screamed into my pillow until my throat was raw. I spent the rest of the day ether crying or staining blankly at my ceiling thinking about all the good times Ethan and I have had. I was basically torturing myself but I couldn't help it because I wanted nothing more that to go back to the nights when it was just the two of us and we could talk about nothing and everything at the same time while his arms were wrapped protectively around my body and just before I would fall asleep I would hear him whisper I love you into my ear. But not matter how much I want to go back I can't because this is my life now wether I like it or not.