Chapter 20

A/N: Trigger warning for alcohol abuse, attempt of rape, suicide, and talk of suicide. I'll make sure to put a warning on which specific scenes if you're not comfortable with reading that.

Ally stumbled up the steps of her house and fumbled with the keys, dropping them a couple times and giggling at her clumsiness. She eventually opened the door and stepped inside, about to go to her room when a voice stopped her.

"Ally, come into the living room please." Ally heard her father.

Ally sighed and stumbled to the living room, her eyes flickering with confusion as she saw her parents, Shawn, Troy, and Lauren sitting in the living room.

"What's...what's going on?" Ally asked, her words slurred. That's when she noticed her mother's eyes tear up.

"Sit down Alls." Her father, Jerry, motioned the seat in front of them. Ally raised an eyebrow and sat down tentatively on the seat. She clearly looked a mess, her clothes wrinkled, her hair, and make up were a true mess.

"What's going on?" Ally asked.

Jerry sighed. "This...is an intervention honey." He gulped, suppressing tears.

"For what?" Ally said, defensively.

"Your drinking." Troy said this time. "It's getting out of hand..." his blue eyes watered. "I can't just sit and watch you drink into oblivion. I love you Ally. You have to...you have to get help."

Ally quickly sprung from her seat. "I'M FINE!" she shouted angrily. "I'M OKAY!"

"Baby..." Her mother spoke up. "You're not, you're an alcoholic and you need to get help..."

Ally glared at her mother. "You wanted me to be your strong, big girl...didn't you? WELL HERE SHE IS!" she pulled on her clothes. "Isn't this what you wanted? You wanted me to take care of Shawn and Lauren, well I did! ISN'T THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU?"

"You took care of us you forgot to take care of yourself, Ally." Lauren spoke up. Ally's head snapped towards Lauren's direction. "You can't do this to yourself."

Ally scoffed. "Like you fucking care Lauren." She slurred angrily. "I've done everything for you. I crossed mountains and rivers for you. But it was never fucking good enough. I was just your fucking caretaker! Not once did you call me your best friend. Not once did you call me your sister. You stopped calling me that and you stopped caring about me. You never let me get close to you. EVER. And then Camila fucking comes along and suddenly you're this happy and giggly and smiley girl that tells HER everything." Tears began streaming down Ally's face as she tightened her fists. "ALL SHE DID WAS MOVE HERE WHILE I TOOK CARE OF YOU AND WATCHED OVER YOU AND TRIED TO BE YOUR FRIEND. I TRIED TO BE YOUR EYES. BUT YOU NEVER LET ME!" she punched her thighs angrily. "But you let her...you let HER."

Lauren gulped as she listened to Ally, biting her lip. "And I'm sorry I did that. But doing this to yourself because I pushed you away doesn't help—"

"It does! Because I don't think about you or anyone. I don't feel anything. And feeling nothing is better than feeling everything..." Ally cut off.

"Ladybug..." Shawn spoke up with a shaky breath. "Don't do this to yourself, please." His eyes watered. "I'm sorry I'm a lot to handle—handle—handle but I promise to be better. And I won't be too much for you—you—you. But please get help. Please..." Shawn pleaded, rubbing his hands three times and then rubbing his neck four.

Ally looked at Shawn and felt tears stream down her face at seeing her little brother so distraught. "I'm okay ducky, don't worry about me. Worry about yourself—"