chapter 20

I heard a car outside screeching to a stop, and a door slam. I figured it was Ryan and he started pounding on the door. I stayed curled up crying silently and soon he just made his way in,after making a loud crash. The sounds of his footsteps got louder as he got closer. I seen his shadow at the door as he made his way slowly towards me.
"Casey I'm here, calm down, it's okay",he sat right in front of me. I looked at him and just cried not being able to say a word. He stood up and took me in his arms closely as I clung to his him. He carried me to his car and put me carefully in then going to the drivers side. He went a bit over the speed limit,but I didn't care at the moment.When we pulled up to his house I slowly unbuckled and opened the door. Before I could get a foot out of the door Ryan was here picking me up carrying me to the door, opening the door with a hand easily and rushed me to his room,quietly as possible, but I guess it wasn't as quite as I hoped it would have been because Melanie walked in with a questionable look of her face. Once she seem me, her eyes widened and she rushed to me.
   "What happened sweetie,you can tell me, I will help you".she said softly running a hand on my cheek moving some hair out of my face. I stayed quite, and snuck a glance at Ryan, he was staring at me the same way Melanie was. they looked so much alike.

   "My dad..,ra..ped me",I said so low it wouldn't even be considered a whisper, but they heard me. Melanie had tears in her eyes and Ryan had a look mixed between sadness and hatred.

  "I'm going to call the police,Ryan stay with her",Melanie rushed out, her footsteps getting further as she hurried away. Ryan walked to his closet and came out with a shirt and shorts, handing them to me and helping me to the bathroom, not trusting my legs.

"Thank you",I said as I stepped into the shower slowly getting my strength as I got under the warm water. Ryan sat on the toilet seat making sure nothing happens.

"For what exactly?",he asked confused. I sighed answering with,

"Everything, just the fact that you came at one in the morning and helped me, what you're doing it means a lot. Specially the fact that I look like a total mess". Drying off with the towel and slipping on the clothes he gave me standing in the shower, since he was still in here.

"It's nothing, you mean a lot to me and I'm not going to let you hurt if I can help, I may not be able to stop it, tonight being an example of that, but I will and I'm making it my job to make you feel better and smile." he said as we walked back to his room.

"It might just be me, buuuuut you still haven't done that job" I stated trying to keep my smile sliding it's way onto my face but couldn't help it long.

"Smiling,check.Now I just need to make you laugh", he said rubbing his chin with his lips growing into a smirk. He stood up and slowly made his way to me, but soon I got the memo and ran out like it was a life or death situation. I just made it into the Kitchen when he wrapped his arms around my waist making my back crash into his hard chest.
     He tickled my sides and I started slipping to the floor trying to get out of reach, but he went with me. I laughed until I couldn't anymore and Ryan was at my side laughing at my reaction. My laugh settled down and a smile stayed on my face. I started to turn my head to Ryan as he did, we stared in each others eyes slowly coming together. He put his hand on the back of my neck pulling me closer, and paused right in front of me

   "and you're not a mess, you're beautiful", but as soon as our lips were about to touch I seen feet at the doorway. I moved my eyes up and seen Melanie staring at us with a smile on her face, I pulled back biting my lip and stood up, and so did Ryan.                            
   When he got fully to his feet he walked out. I stared at his retreating figure and just shrugged, might just be tired. I made my way to the couch and made it as comfortable as possible and watched tv, not being able to sleep with so many thoughts on my mind.