Three: Eddy's Procedure

***Moon's P. O. V.***.

Today is the day. Eddy is going to have surgery on his spine today. I feel nervous. It's not a very dangerous procedure, but still. There are always risks.

Our other kids stayed at Clarke and Greg's house last night. We have to get up extremely early to go to the hospital, so we won't be able to get them ready for school.

My alarm goes off at five o'clock in the morning. I take a quick shower and go wake Crescent up when I'm done. We don't bother getting Eddy dressed, because he'll just have to change into a hospital gown when we get there anyway. He falls back asleep in his car seat on the way there. Crescent reaches out and holds my free hand while I use the other to drive.

"It's gonna be okay," I say reassuringly.

"I know," he says shakily. "I can't help but be worried."

I squeeze his hand gently in response. We pull in to the hospital parking lot and Crescent goes inside with Eddy to sign in while I find a parking spot. I find one kind of far away, then I go inside and find my mate.

We go up to Eddy's hospital room and get him dressed in a hospital gown and a pull-up. I can tell Eddy is feeling anxious already. When the nurse comes in to put an IV in his arm, I decide to leave the room. It's difficult for me to keep my wolf suppressed when my pups are being hurt. I get some water from a lounge room and even though I'm a good distance from the room, I can hear Eddy's loud cries of pain. Crescent is rocking him gently when I get back. Eddy still has stray tears trickling down his cheeks.

"It's okay, buddy. Don't cry," my koala bear says soothingly to our pup. "You have to be brave, remember?"

"Y-yes, remember," Eddy replies quietly.

After he's fully calmed down, he and Cres play a game that usually works to distract him. I fill out the final paperwork. I speed read a document that allows Eddy to receive a donor's blood of necessary, then sign my name at the bottom.

"Where's Eddy's nose?" Crescent asks playfully.

Eddy reaches out and touches Crescent's nose, giggling.

"No, that's Daddy's nose! Where's Eddy's?" my mate asks again.

I smile to myself. Watching them play together is so cute.

~~~~~~~~~~

Soon the time comes for the doctors to take Eddy away. My little boy is fighting back tears. He wants to be brave so badly.

"See you soon baby," Crescent says as he gives him a hug. "I love you."

He passes Eddy to me and I embrace him tightly, kissing the top of his head.

"I love you, Eddy," I say quietly.

"Love Daddy and Papa," he says as I lay him back on the bed. "You come with me now?"

"No, baby. You know how this works. We have to stay here, but we'll see you really soon!" I say as cheerfully as I can.

"O-okay," Eddy replies, his eyes filling with tears.

As soon as everyone else leaves the room, my mate breaks down. He cries as quietly as he can, but a few sobs escape his lips.

"Ssshh, it's alright, Koala," I say comfortingly. "He'll be fine."

I hold my mate in my arms, rubbing his back. He buries his face in my neck, grasping my shirt in his fist. We stay just like that for hours until Eddy is brought back. When the doctors come in to discuss how it went, Crescent puts on a brave face. His expression doesn't let on how nervous he is.