Nineteen: It Takes Time

***Nathan's P. O. V.***.

"Uh, goddamnit," Charlie groans.

"You okay, babe??" I ask, my eyes darting from my computer screen to my injured lover.

"Yeah, I'm alright," he says a bit breathlessly. "My back hurt for a sec, that's all. Don't worry about it."

"If you want more medication I'm sure we could try to get some for you," I suggest.

"No, no. I'm good. Go back to your weird fanfiction site. I'm gonna sleep a little more."

"Okay. Tell me if you need anything."

"I will. Night. . ." he says, closing his eyes.

"Night."

I stand up and close the blinds, then I pull the curtains closed too. I stayed my first night at the hospital with Charlie last night. Peter and I both decided to sleep over. We can't bare to leave our mates after being separated from them for so long. Peter went back home to fetch some of Joy's things, but he'll be back shortly. Daddy is keeping Joy company in the meantime.

My ticks have gotten so much better now that Charlie has returned to me. I still do it sometimes, but I don't want Charlie to see. I feel like it would disappoint him to know that I'm still having trouble with my OCD.

Charlie begins to snore quietly, and I smile. He's so adorable. He had quite a bit of stubble on his face when he came back, and he's kept it per my request. I like it. It looks sexy. I'm so glad that Charlie is making progress already and beginning to heal. Of course he has some post traumatic stress, but I'm confident that I can help him get over it. If not fully get over it, at least make it better. Joy isn't doing nearly as well. I'm worried about him.

***Peter's P. O. V.***

I rush back to the hospital after I went home to pick up some stuff. I don't like leaving Joy. It's only been a full day since he's been admitted to the hospital. I'm still worried that somehow the blue wolves will snatch him away from me again. I have to be there to protect him.

The baby kicks at my ribs, making me wince. Ugh, stupid brat. Lately, the baby has been acting even more annoying than usual. It's restless. It seems like whenever I get comfortable, it decides to bug me.

Daddy invited me to go shopping for baby clothes, but I don't know if I'll take him up on the offer. First of all, I don't know the gender and I don't want to know until Joy can come with me to an appointment. And I'm not into all that motherly stuff. Why would I want to celebrate a tiny parasite eating my food, making me sick, and stealing most of my life from me?

I quickly pull into a parking space in the hospital parking lot and go inside. I know I should take the stairs to be healthy, but the baby makes doing things like that difficult. It's gonna be even harder when it drops. Plus, I am carrying bags of items for Joy. I take the elevator up to Joy's floor instead of making the strenuous journey up the stairs.

I knock quietly before entering, just so I don't startle him. When I open the door and go inside, I see that Dad is busy putting flowers everywhere. He's made little chains of them and hung them like party decorations, and vases of them are strewn about the room. It looks like a small garden!

"Wow, Dad. You really made this a happy looking place," I say.

He turns around to look at me and smiles, "I just thought it'd be good to not have it look so gloomy in here."

"Do you like it, Joy?" I ask, setting my bags down beside my chair by his bed and taking a seat.

Like usual, he doesn't reply. He just blinks. I shouldn't expect too much from him. After all, it's only been a day. Not much progress can be made over such a short span of time, no matter what kind of injury one has.