Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Get That Out of the Way (Mini Chapter)

***Charlie's P. O. V.***

"Hey, babe," I say as Nathan comes through the front door.

"Hey," he smiles.

"Why don't you join Val and I and eat something? I made pasta."

"Sure," he takes his jacket off and sets down his bag.

He sits down at the table after he gets a plate of food from the kitchen, but not before kissing me gently. He pats Val on the head as well.

"How'd it go?"

"Fine. I got some blood work done, so when those results are in we can go ahead with getting my tubes tied."

"I know this is probably hard for you, Nathan. I'm sorry."

"It is. I've made my peace with it a little, but I'm still really upset. In the end though, it's what's best for our family. And you know what else they said?"

"What?"

"They said it would be difficult for me to deliver a baby anyway, because of the narrowness of my hips. Not impossible, but difficult. So it's best that we adopted anyway," he explains.

I nod, "It's all working out."

We eat in silence for a few moments before I speak again.

"Val drew something for us while you were gone."

"He did?" Nathan asks. "Can I see?"

"Of course," I go and unpin the picture from the fridge.

"That's so nice, Val!" Nathan exclaims as he looks at the drawing.

Val shrugs. It really is an adorable picture that he drew. It's of him, Nathan, and me along with Daddy and Papa.

"Why am I so fat though?" Nathan whispers, pointing to himself.

"Well, that could be Papa. . ."

"No. He and Daddy are holding hands. Me and you are over here," he says, pointing.

"Oh. I don't know, then. I guess he just views you as really fat?" I tease.

"Ugh, don't!" Nathan whines jokingly.

~~~~~~~~~~

***Ella's P. O. V.***

My mate and I are to be marked this weekend. I'm mostly excited, but also scared. I can't say that I'm in love with my mate, but I definitely like him a lot. I think it's just a little hard to get over the awkwardness of the first few dates.

***Crescent's P. O. V.***

I kick my legs slowly in the pool, holding Eddy up under the armpits.

"It's so frustrating how you never found out what's the matter with Devon," I say to Ewan (Devon's father).

"I know," he says, "And the list of meds he's on keeps growing. No matter what tests we get done, we don't know what's wrong."

"He still has that awful feeding tube too," I say quietly so the boys don't hear.

"Mhm. It's so bad for him to have one for this long. And lately he's been talking more and more and more about having babies. He doesn't get why I don't think it's a good idea."

"Eddy's been saying that too. I don't know if either of us could justify letting our babies have babies," I say.

"I feel the same way. Especially since I don't have a mate yet."

"I know you'll find yours soon," I affirm.

"I hope you're right. But then again Devon keeps me plenty busy. It would make things crazy to have a mate on the top of that," Ewan says.

"True."

"Daddy," Devon says.

"Yes, baby?" Ewan lifts him up to look at his face.

"Me 'n Eddy make baby. Soon. Real soon," he says.

"Maybe," Ewan says, trying to sound positive.

"No!" Eddy says angrily. "Not soon! Now!"

I bite my lip with worry. As a parent, would should I do? Let Eddy do what he wants? Or try to convince him I know what's best for his future with his mate? I just don't know. . .

***Nathan's P. O. V.***

"Hello?" I say as I answer my phone.

"Hello," my doctor says. "Is this a good time to discuss your test results?"

"Yes," I answer.

"You should put the phone on speaker and get your husband," he says.

"I-is something wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Sir, please. I'll explain everything once you're sitting with your mate."

"O-okay," I put my hand over the speaker. "Charlie?!"

"What?!" he yells from Val's room.

"Come downstairs please! My doctor wants to talk to us!"

"I'm coming!" he yells.

I pat the couch next to where I'm sitting, and he sits down.

"Is everything alright. . . ?"

"Ssshhh."

I uncover the speaker on my phone and put it on speaker.

"We're ready to hear what you have to say," I say.

"I'm sorry, but it looks like we can't go with the procedure," my doctor says.

"Why not?"

"Your test results almost cleared, but I noticed one thing was off."

"And what might that be?" Charlie asks.

"Congratulations, you two. Looks like you're expecting a baby!" he exclaims.

"What?!?!?!"

<><><><><>

I need your opinion! What should I do about Eddy and Devon wanting babies? Honestly, it's all up to you guys. Should they have babies or no? Please comment because I have no idea what to do.

-d_c