Seven: Birthday

***Crescent's P. O. V.***.

"So your birthday is coming up. You guys wanna do anything special?" I ask my kids as I lay my UNO card down on the stack.

"I wanna go out with my friends and have a sleepover," Ella says, looking at her cards thoughtfully.

"Sure, you can do that. How bout you boys?" Moon asks.

"I don't want to do anything. Birthdays are stupid," Peter rolls his eyes.

"Oh, be quiet, Peter. When I was your age I was held captive by rogues, and I'd never had a birthday party in my life!" I exclaim.

"Whatever," he mumbles.

Nathan shuffles his cards for the millionth time, licking his lips quickly.

"I kind of want to go to that big hotel with the waterpark with Charlie," he says quietly.

"Alone?" I question.

"Yeah," he nods.

"Well, you're turning fourteen. That's too young to be in a hotel alone, but I guess Papa and I could come with and sleep in a separate room. How about that?" I suggest.

"That'd be good," Charlie says, smiling. "Thanks."

I smile back. It'll be good for Moon and I to get some time alone, so I'm excited to go to the hotel too. The other kids can stay at Clarke and Greg's and we'll plan it for a week when Eddy is at Devon and Ewan's house.

***Ella's P. O. V.***

I've never had a big sleepover at my house before, so I'm super duper excited! I know just who I'll invite. I hope my brothers don't crash my party.

~~~A Few Days Later At School~~~

"Katherine, wait up!" I shout to one of my best friends as she shuts her locker and begins walking away.

She looks back through the crowd of students and then smiles, "Hi!"

I catch up to her, breathless. I rest my hands in my knees, breathing hard. I get winded so darn easily! I hold up a finger as a signal for her to wait.

"You good now?" she asks as I straighten again, adjusting my backpack on my shoulders.

I laugh, "Yeah."

"So what's up?" she asks as we begin walking to class.

"Well, I'm having a birthday party this weekend, and I was wondering if you'd wanna come."

"Sure. Sounds fun," she smiles and shrugs.

"Yay! You gotta help me ask a bunch of other people. You know who I hate, so definitely don't tell those people about it," I say.

"Duh," she rolls her eyes.

We run around all day asking people if they want to come to my party. I barely pay attention in class, that's how excited I am. By the end of the day, I've got nine people on my list of attendees. I invited fifteen, but some of them couldn't make it.

~~~Skip to Party Day~~~

"So they're bother your brothers?" Vicki asks, looking at Devon and Eddy who are relaxing on the couch.

"Nope. Eddy, the one with the brown hair, is my brother. Devon, the other little guy, is his mate."

"Wow, he has a mate?" Paige asks.

"Yeah! Pretty cool, right?" I reply.

"It's not fair! How come he found his mate before I found mine?" Amber asks, almost meanly.