Four: Eddy's Mate

***Moon's P. O. V.***.

"So you're actually Devon's father?" Crescent asks, confused.

"Yes. I don't have a mate yet. Just made a couple mistakes and it resulted in Devon. I'm open about it," he shrugs.

"So you've been raising Devon all alone?" my mate asks.

"Yep. Foxes don't really have huge packs like wolves, so I'm on my own. But it's okay. Devon and I are doing just fine."

I turn my attention from the conversation to the two boys laying in the hospital bed. Devon can use his hands way better than Eddy, so he's feeding him Fruit Loops one by one.

"Taste good?" the blond haired boy asks.

"Uh-huh," Eddy replies, giggling.

They continue to talk. A lot of it sounds like complete gibberish, but they seem to understand each other perfectly. They're really cute together.

"How would you feel about that, Moon?" Crescent asks, bringing me back t the conversation.

"Sorry, what?"

He rolls his eyes, "What do you think of Devon and Eddy going on dates and stuff?"

"I think that's a good idea. We should just treat them like a regular couple," I nod.

"I agree," Ewan says.

Crescent and Ewan get to work planning a couple dates. The boys have gone silent, so I glance back over at them. I nudge Crescent to look too. They're wrapped in each other's arms, nuzzling heads and planting kisses wherever they can.

"Aaawww," Crescent whispers as he takes out his phone to discreetly take a picture.

"Leave, leave," Eddy says, gesturing for us to go.

I raise my eyebrows, "Wow, okay."

We go sit outside instead, peeking in on them occasionally. Eddy is talking quietly, looking at Devon who's still enveloped in his embrace. Tears come to Devon's eyes even though he's still smiling.

"Oh my god, Devon's crying," I say, concerned.

"Is he smiling?" Ewan asks, and I nod. "Then don't worry. He gets emotional like that sometimes. It happens when he listens to slow music or when I tell him how much I love him."

"That's so precious," Crescent says.

~~~~~~~~~

Eddy and Devon have begun to go on regular dates. Sometimes we go to hotels and get two rooms that are joined together. The boys get one room to themselves, and they only have to call us if they need anything. Usually they relax eating food, cuddling, and watching movies. During times like these, we get to know Ewan better. It turns out that he's a really great guy.

They also go to each other's doctor appointments. I know if I were in Eddy's situation, I'd want to be treated like a regular person and go to my soulmate's appointments.

~~~~~~~~~~

I put a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of Ella. She thanks me and quickly dives into her breakfast. She took extra long to get ready for school today, so she has minimal time to eat. Charlie and Nathan are talking like usual, and Peter is eating in the living room by himself. Eddy is in his high chair.

"You know, I just thought of something," I say to my mate as I pour a cup of black coffee.

"What?" he asks, cocking his head to the side cutely.