The Stripper (3)

Miami, Florida - 11:30PM

Lauren's POV

The entrance was dark, we passed by some men dressed in black suits, the club's security, of course. I could already hear the loud and frenetic music fill my ears, and then we entered the main room. It was without a doubt amazing, the place was huge and exuded lust, it was dimly lit with some focuses of red or pink lights everywhere. In strategic locations, we could see small stages with poles for pole dance, women practically naked danced sensually for men and women who watched attentively. 

"You brought me to a Strip Club?" I whispered in Vero's ear.

"Awesome, right? It's the best in Miami, Lauren!" She exclaimed very excitedly, and kept walking.

I shook my head, mentally cussing for the craziness I was doing. We walked between the people, being guided by the blonde, until we got closer to the main stage, where there seemed to be some kind of VIP area because not everyone could enter. Candece gave us a small green bracelet so we could enter the area.

"The best place, for the best costumers." Candece said smiling.

"This is why I like you!" Iglesias said, hugging the woman.

"Enjoy it, today we have the club's best dancer, I hope you like it."

"Thank you, Candece."

The woman just nodded and left.

"I'm going to kill you! I am!" I grumbled to Vero, who let out an amused laugh. "Why are you laughing?" My nervousness was noticeable by miles away.

"Because of your agony, Laur, why are you like that? If I didn't know you better, I'd think that you've never been to a Strip club before!"

"I'm not that irresponsible girl from before, Veronica, people know me now! What are they going to say if they see me in a place like this?"

"That you're having fun?! Stop being so boring! Do you really think those businessmen are going to say something about you? Don't be stupid, you're one of the best, no one will challenge you like that."

I looked around, where clearly there were only important people, with a high purchasing power.

"I need a drink!"

"That's what I'm talking about!" Vero said excitedly. "Hey!" She called one of the girls.

A redhead woman with a slender body approached us, wearing a small piece of clothing that barely covered her body. She was beautiful and very sexy.

"Can I get you something to drink?" Her voice came out slurred and sensual.

"Two shots of Tequila to begin with." Vero ordered, and the redhead nodded and left to get the drinks. "It's good to have you back, Jauregui." She said smiling.

Minutes later, the same redhead from before came back with two small glasses, where our tequilas were. I stared at the transparent liquid in the glass, trying to gather enough courage to drink it all at once. I looked at Iglesias who made a 'get ready' sign, indicating that it was time to drink, and I nodded, grabbing the small glass, bringing it to my lips, where with one swift move I drank it all. The liquid began tearing at my throat, the burn was staggering, but the feeling was good, it tasted like old times.

I was afraid to be seen by someone important. It wouldn't be nice to wake up and read headlines like 'Owner of Jauregui Industry spends the night at a Strip Club', that would be the end. The redhead danced sensually in front of us, doing positions on the pole that were enviable, but for some reason, she didn't hold my attention as much as she did with Vero. Did I stop liking women? I questioned myself, but in the same instant I realized that that was completely stupid, never in my life would I want a man. Ugh! Maybe it was the years I spent without having fun, without being with a woman who really attracts me. Living according to your work was not for everyone, to do that, I had to give up on a lot. It wasn't for nothing that people saw me as someone unhappy, but their opinions didn't matter to me.