Lost (22)

Pov Alexa

I waited for Lauren for hours in front of that place. And it seemed that she was very busy because so far she hadn't shown up. "Imperium", which was the name of that club, was frequented by Miami's elite, imported cars, high society people entered and exited frequently.

"She must be hooking up with some whore in there." - I seethed furiously.

I was attentive to everyone who left through that door. I was already tired of waiting, but I wouldn't give up until I found out the reason why Lauren was there. She wasn't the kind of woman who went out at night looking for fun. When I thought of Lauren, the first thing that came to mind was work.

I stretched on the car seat, feeling a slight back pain for being seated for so long spying that place. I grabbed my bag and took out a small mirror to check my appearance which by the way was pretty awful. Until I noticed in the background the woman leaving. I closed the small mirror and fixated my eyes on Lauren.

She looked around until continuing in the direction of her car. She hadn't left accompanied, on the contrary, she was alone just like when she entered. She stood a few minutes inside her car, to then leave that place. And in a swift move I started my car to follow her, I couldn't lose her from my sight. Or I could, I would have other opportunities to find out where Lauren lived. The goal right now was to know the reason why she had entered that place.

I turned off my car, grabbing my purse beside me. I walked towards the club and paid an entry. The tall and handsome dark man put a small bracelet around my wrist and allowed me to enter.

The place was huge and purely luxurious. It was crowded, and the strong beat of the music echoed through all the corners of that building. I walked observing every detail of that place. Men and women were sitting, getting private shows from the beautiful dancers in front of them, who wore tiny clothes that soon were taken off their bodies.

"Oh my God, Lauren Jauregui in a striptease club."

I concluded when I saw that. I was completely surprised, I knew of the eventful past that my ex had had, but for years that woman didn't take a time for herself, and now she frequented striptease clubs?

"Very well..." - I thought while walking to the bar.

-Give me a drink, please.

The brunette with a sculpted body smiled, and started preparing my drink. Two women argued near the counter, making me want to sit elsewhere.

-Have you seen her?

-Who?

-Heavens, who do you think? Lauren Jauregui!

I stood up from the counter and got closer to the woman who had pronounced Lauren's name. I needed to hear what she was saying, but the loud music prevented me from doing so.

-I saw her leaving.

-Where did she go, Marina? She was with me and evaporated!

The woman said angrily. For a split second I hated the whore, so it was with her that Lauren was involved? What a bad taste.

-I don't know, Kellen! You lose the woman and you come to discount your anger on me?

-Where is Karla? Did you see her here?

I forced my hearing to listen to as much information as possible.

-Today is not her day.

-Are you sure?

Jesus... Who was Karla? The woman had left alone.

-Here's your drink, ma'am.

I handed some dollars to the brunette who nodded. I would talk with this Kellen person, and I would find out what was happening with Lauren.