Meeting the family; problems (17)

NOTE: YAY! I was able to finish the chapter for today! And the girls won 3 surfboards yesterday!! YAAASSS! Now go and enjoy the chapter :)

-----

Pov Lauren

I looked out the small window of the plane that was passing through the clouds, seeing the beautiful view that it provided me with. It had been a while since I didn't feel completely happy about going to my family's house. Saying this to someone would be the same thing as saying that I don't love them, but I do love them, more than anyone can imagine. Life has many twists and turns and sometimes it stops at the wrong time. Since my childhood a lot of things had changed, my foundations, and my safe haven wasn't as strong as it used to be.

I hated to feel weak or fragile, to feel that at any moment I could break down. That was against my nature, but I felt like this now, just like in all the other times that I visited them. But unlike the other times, now someone would help me get out of it.

-You have important meetings on Monday.

I heard Camila's voice beside me. I turned looking at her, she was beautiful even with a sleepy face. I wasn't even caring about what people would say about me for taking Camila to my parents' house. She was the perfect way out of that place, but I wasn't with her only for that. Miss Cabello in the last few days was my best company, she had a good conversation, and a positive energy. Everything that I needed in my day-to-day. Maybe with her I was different, I felt more relaxed, as if I knew that she wouldn't hurt me.

-I have? With whom?

She continued to slide her fingers on the iPad's screen, seeing the commitments in my schedule.

-With some stakeholders from Brasil. They want to know your services.

-Brasil? Wow, that's great!

-Yes, have you thought? Building a Brazilian branch office?

-I had never thought of that, but it's a good idea. Let's work hard for them, ok?

-Don't worry, ma'am.

Was she never going to lose the habit of calling me "ma'am"? I stared at the young woman with an accusative look.

-What?

-Ma'am?

-I'm sorry, Lauren.

I smiled at her, who returned the smile. And then went back at looking at the device in her hands. I didn't understand what Camila had to make me feel so at ease with her, to make me feel the will to leave aside all of our professional relationship to simply be her friend.

Friend...

Was that really what I wanted from this woman? I looked at her without letting her notice. I stared at her delicate and heavenly features, Camila was a sweet woman who enchanted even the hardest of hearts, like mine. There was no doubt that she would be the perfect woman to marry and have beautiful children. Children? Oh my God, Lauren, you need to chill the fuck out.

-Is everything alright?

I heard her speak.

-Yes, I was just thinking.

I smiled at the young woman who nodded, and leaned against her seat closing her eyes. Camila had such familiar features, I just needed to know with whom.

Hours later we landed at Los Angeles airport, and as expected, our car was already waiting to take us to my family's house.

-Have you ever been to LA?

-Actually no, I didn't have the opportunity.

-I see that I'll be the opportunity for you to meet many places, Miss Cabello.