The Flight (43)

NOTE: For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to "Good For You" by Selena Gomez ;)

-----

Pov Camila

I felt a cold breeze run down my body, I squeezed my eyes as I slid my hand on the bed in search of the duvet, or rather, Lauren's body to warm me. But the attempt was unfortunately failed. With certain difficulty I opened my eyes, staring at an empty bed. Where was Lauren? I pulled the duvet up to protect myself from the cold, after all I was still naked due to the previous events. When I saw Lauren on the balcony, bending over the sill.

I squinted my eyes in her direction, and noticed her distant in her thoughts. Lauren turned her face to the side and let out a breath of air, letting the smoke get lost in the air. She was smoking, I hated the fact that she smoked. She only did it when she was tense or angry. I sat up in bed feeling a certain ache in my body, more specifically where Lauren most abused that night. But I didn't care, everything had been incredibly wonderful, our return from the strike was made in a great and pleasurable style.

I put both legs out of the bed, letting the tip of my toes touch the cold floor. A chill ran down my spine, but I got up. I wrapped myself in the white silk bed sheet and walked towards my woman. I had to confess, Lauren looked fucking sexy that night. Her hair was slightly disheveled, falling like a beautiful waterfall over her smooth back. She was only wearing a dark blue babydoll, so short that I could see a little bit of her pert butt. I didn't know what time it was, but the sky was still dark and the night very cold.

I walked in very light steps that Lauren didn't even notice my presence, until I wrap her body from behind in a loving embrace. Lauren stood upright in the same instant, breathing deeply. I gave a small kiss on her shoulder, where I rested my chin.

-Insomnia?

-Yes, too many problems in my head. - she said in a serious way.

I sighed and squeezed her more in my embrace, letting my hand slide on her smooth stomach, in a light caress. I could hear our weak breaths with the silence that reigned there.

-Relax, baby, everything will be alright.

Lauren didn't answer, just stood paralyzed in the same place. She seemed angry and distant. I let go of her body and turned her to me. Feeling a chill go through my body when I stared into her eyes, they were cold and angry.

-What's going on, baby?

I asked holding her face with both my hands. Lauren looked away, and shook her head.

-Nothing.

-What do you mean "nothing"? You are acting weird.

She didn't answer just stared at me.

-Come to bed with me, I'll cuddle you until you fall asleep. - I said trying to make a caress on her face, but she looked away backing away from me.

-Lauren, can you tell me what's wrong? - I asked holding the bed sheet which was wrapped around my body.

She turned to face me, with such a cold gaze that I was afraid.

-Since when are you cheating on me?

-What?

I let out automatically without understanding the question. My brain took a few seconds to actually believe that she was asking me that. Cheating? What?

-Exactly what you heard, Karla! Do you think I'm stupid?

-Lauren! God, from where did you get that? - I asked calmly.