Chapter 1

- Kenji's POV-

There's nothing better then waking up to the fresh smell of horses, most people would hate the smell but I love it. If I could, I'd live at the barn, sleep up in the loft and be around the horses twenty four - seven. The barn is only a short walk from our house but I spend any free time there that I have.

Most average teenage guys would rather be out at the skatepark, playing video games or hanging out with their friends or significant other, but not me. When Im not working, at school or doing homework Im out riding on the trails or going over the jump course.

My moms my coach, she taught me everything I know, even how to ride. She always tells me I should put my riding talents out in the show ring and try horse shows, but just the thought of people watching and judging you on your performance terrifies me, I like to ride for the fun of it. That's the motto my mom always said when I grew up.

If you'd ask me I swear I was a horse in my past life, not many people understand my love for horses, even my sister isn't as horse crazy like I am but horses are my passion and I couldn't understand anyone who would say they hated them. They have no soul I would say, my mom would laugh, but I mean who could hate such beautiful creatures?

No Im not a cowboy that walks around in plaid collar shirts, dirty blue jeans with your cowboy hats and leather boots, I dress like your average teenager would with my spin on it of course. Though I don't skate I have a few pairs of skater shoes and a pair or two of converse, any shirt that fits I'll wear it whether its a band tee or regular plain shirt from Walmart, doesn't matter to me and I can never walk out the door with out my Snapback. That's probably not how you would expect a horse lover or an equestrian as a fancier term to say it, would dress but I mean, I do care about what I look like, I dont want to walk around with hay in clothes and smelling like horse shit.

One look at me and you couldn't believe I loved to ride horses, but you cant judge a book by it's cover right.

I loved being at the barn.

It wasn't until he showed up that ruined it for me.

[Picture is Kenji]