Chapter 7

- Kenji's POV -

I walked out of the crowed mall, my shift at work just ended and I was getting ready to leave when I bumped into my friend Kira.

"Kenji!" She shouted and ran up hugging me. I hugged her back happy to see her. After both of us having to work me and having to deal with the delinquent back home we have been so busy and not had the chance to hang out.

We decided to do to Dairy Queen and get an Ice cream and catch up on things.

"So I heard there's this new guy working at your stable." She said as she took a bite from her Oreo blizzard. 

"Oh yeah."

"Is he hot? I know you would be the one to tell me." She winked at me being the adorable Kira she is.

"His looks aren't the thing to worry about its his attitude problem."

"What is he sassy?"

"Sassy? More like a sassy dick." Kira laughed at my stupid comment. Being with Kira always cheered me up no matter how shitty of a mood Im in.

"No but really how is he like?" She asked licking ice cream off her spoon.

"He's a real asshole Kira, he's only working here as part of his probation."

"Probation? So he's the bad boy rebel type eh, he is totally right for you." She giggled, I just smirked and shook my head.

"You couldn't pay me enough to date him."

"Im sure you couldn't resist him."

"I'll admit he's cute but he's not for me, I don't like guys who are total jerks."

"Nah you think he's a total hunk."

"Okay yes he's hot but doesn't matter I wont date him. Besides I think he's homophobic anyways, he always throws around gay jokes at me." I poked my ice cream with my spoon not in the mood to finish it.

"Does he know that you are?"

"As far as I know he doesn't but the thing is no matter what I do, he always says shit about it and makes comments about it, he acts totally fake around my mom and sister but as soon as its just me and him alone he's always saying rude shit to me."

"Like what?" I knew Kira could tell I was being serious, she know's I wouldn't joke about this kinda stuff.

"Just anything and everything, he started tormenting me the first five minuets we met and he didn't even know me. Im so done with it." I threw my spoon in my Ice cream cup and pushed it aside.

"Have you told your mom?"

"No she doesn't believe anything I say, we haven't been on good terms lately cause Mathew keeps telling her lies to get me in trouble."

"Do you want me to come down there and kick his ass?" I smiled a little at her comment, Kira can be a little cutie when she tries to act tough, its one of the things I love about her.

"Heh you know, this is why your my best friend."

"Of course." She did a hair flip trying act all sassy as we sat and finished our Ice cream. "You know, they always say if someone likes you the tend to pick on you."

I scoffed. "Oh don't even. This isn't elementary school." We both laughed, she over dramatically rolls her eyes. I'll enjoy the moment while it lasts cause as soon as I'm home the never ending battle through hell rises up again.

[Picture is Kira]