Chapter 16

- Kenji's POV -

I lazily flopped down on my bed pulling out my phone and unlocked it. As usual I had no messages, the only person I really text is Kira but she left yesterday for a family vacation at Niagara Falls for a week. She wont have much time to be texting.

I had a few other people in my contacts, besides my mom and Samara, some school friends but thats about it. I never really hang out with any one out side of school besides Kira. And if you count Mathew.

I think he took the hint that I liked him when I asked if he would ever date another guy. I wasnt to sure how he really felt about it but he told me that he would give "us" a try. Im not sure if he really meant it though. After he said what he did, he let out an awkward laugh and there was a long and agonizing pause of awkward silence before he broke the sed awkwardness and said he would finish turning out the horses for me and walked back into the barn. 

That left me confused as fuck, and now here I am laying on my bed looking threw my Instagram feed over thinking everything as usual.

Like is it really that obvious I like dudes?

That's not important right now Kenji.

I sighed and rolled over, tossing my phone on my bedside table, bored with social media. Theres nothing really interesting about it, I mean you can meet some really nice people online but Im not really a big fan of all that stuff like Tumblr, Snapchat or Twitter considering Im always at the barn.  The last picture I posted on Instagram was two months ago of a picture Samara took of me jumping with Duke.

Just thinking about that makes me want to go for ride. It would be a lot more fun then being stuck in my boring room all day anyways.

Just as I walked out of my room I bumped into my mom. Good thing I had a sweater on to cover my bandaged arm.

"Oh Kenji, I was just looking for you."

"What for?"

"Well to start I didn't appreciate the fact you left Mathew to turn out all the horses by himself when I sent you to do that."

I didn't want to start a fight with her but I didn't leave him to do it all on his own he offered, and well considering what happened before with the whole being bit thing but my mom doesn't need to know that. "Oh uh yeah sorry about that."

"I'll talk to you about that later, right now I need you to go into town with Matt."

"Why do I have to go?" I questioned her. I've never had to go into town with him before for errands.

"For one, because you left him to deal with all the horses-"

"But Im always stuck with all the horses and no one helps me." I interrupted her. She was starting to get on my neves.

"Kenji, don't argue with me, I need Matt to go to Green Hawk and pick up my order and he doesn't know how to get there, Im to busy to go myself so I need you to go with him."

I sighed. "Fine. Whatever." I walked back into my room, grabbed my phone and met Mathew outside. We got into my moms truck, yes my mom gets the truck while I get a shitty little dinky car. Fair right? Anyways, we drove out the drive way and I directed Mathew to Green Hawk as personally I was to tired to drive.

After picking up three new blankets, couple extra fly masks for the horses,
Fly repellant and some feed, we started on our way back home.

Matt suddenly pulled over the truck and slammed on the breaks.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"I cant stand this anymore."

"Stand what-" Next thing I knew I was cut off by Matt leaning over
And kissing me. It wasn't a simple soft kiss like we had before, it was more rough yet passionate. He placed his hand on the side of my face and we continued to kiss, or make out if you say, and things were starting to get pretty heated.

Matt finally broke the kiss to get a breath, looking at me, his eyes where mesmerizing, a beautiful bright blue colour that I could just stare into forever.

"Kenji you drive me crazy, but when Im not around you, your all I think about. I know I probably sound really ridiculous right now but, will you go out with me?"

I could tell he was a little embarrassed as his cheeks turned a soft shade of red, I found it adorable. I kissed his lips softly and said "Of course I will." But for some reason after I said that I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I would regret it.