Chapter 14

- Kenji's POV -

Ignore him.

That's what I've been doing for the past almost two weeks. Now that I finally have his attention I don't want it, and he wont leave me alone.

He will take any chance he gets to try and talk to me and maybe I should just listen to what he has to say but I know I will just end up forgiving him way to easily and falling back under his "spell" and I know that wont end well.

I've already been proven to that it wont.

"Kenji, mom wants you to turn the horses out." Samara told me while I cleaned out the tack room.

"Samara I can't I was going to take Shay out and work with him." I shouted to her. 

"Just do it Kenji." She yelled back at me. "You can work with Shaymin later mom wants this done now."

"Then why don't you do it, you never do anything around here!" I shouted angrily. She was driving me crazy, always bossing me around yet  she never does anything around here to help me out.

"Shut up Kenji your fucking-"

"Hey!" Matt yelled interrupting Samara. "Both of you just shut up for once. Samara if you wont help your fucking brother I will for peats sake."

She glared at me. "I was just telling you what mom wanted."

"I got the message loud and clear." I said coldly, rolling my eyes and grabbing a lead rope.

She sighed. "Just watch when you get Topaz out of her stall shes been acting out lately. Lisa is planning on selling her."

"What ever Samara I have a shit ton of work to do so I need to get started." I said rudely, I pushed past her and gave Matt a glare as well. Everyone was getting under my skin.

Samara stormed out of the barn, seems like everyone is in a bad mood now a days. Just wonderful.

"I'll give you a hand." Matt said and grabbed another lead rope.

"I don't need your help Mathew."

"Kenji stop such being a pain in the ass." He said to me obviously annoyed.

"Of course you would say that." I glared at him again.

"And what's that supposed to mean Huh?"

"Nothing Mathew, absolutely nothing." I walked over and opened Topaz's stall to turn her out, figured I would get her done with first.

"What ever Kenji, god forbid I ever offer you my help again." He said throwing the lead rope he had at the ground and started to walk back over to what he was doing.

"Like you would help anyways." I muttered under my breath. I clipped the lead rope onto Topaz's halter and started to walk her out of her stall. She started to fling her head up and back up into her stall, I ignored her behaviour, like my mom said you have to show the horse whose boss.

"Come on." I said calmly and tried walked her out of the stall again.

"Kenji be careful." I heard Matt say as I still tried to get Topaz from her stall.

"I got it okay." I pulled on the lead rope to walk her forward, I had enough of her stubborn attitude.

She flung her head up again with her ears pinned back and she lunged for me. "Fuck!" I shouted, grabbed my arm and slammed her stall door shut. "She bit me."

Mathew ran over to me and carefully grabbed my arm. "Shit, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I looked at my arm as some blood rolled off and dripped onto the floor.

"Come on we have to get this looked at, wait here I'll get your mom."

"No!" I grabbed his shirt when he turned to run over to the house.

"Kenji your arm is bleeding you need to-"

"I don't want my mom to know. It was my fault anyways." I cut him off. Truth was if my mom found out this happened she would insist I go to the hospital and frankly I hate hospitals they freak me out, plus I don't want her telling Lisa, I don't want anything to happen to Topaz.

"Alright fine." Matt said with a sigh. "At least let me rap your arm so it stops bleeding."

I nodded my head and followed him to the bathroom.

Who knew the idiot could care.