Chapter 19

- Mathew's POV -

I was shocked. I haven't had contact with my dad for years, the last time I remember seeing him was when I was thirteen years old, the night before he left me and mom for some dumb cunt. He told me he loved us. The next morning everything was gone and so was he.

I never forgave him for that. He was the reason I got into the habit of stealing. When he left me and my mom, he took everything, left us with nothing. We were starving and broke so I took it upon my self to provide for me and my mom.

My only option was shop lifting, I was to young to get a job, how could I even get one, I didnt have a resume, work experience or even nice clothes.
My mom was recently fired from her work and you don't make very much money sitting on the streets of Toronto with a cup hoping people would drop in any spare crack change they had.

After all these years he decides to get back in contact with me, the man dare I say is my father. How did he know where I was living? How did even he find me? How long had he been in Canada for? Last thing I new he was running off to Florida with his stupid new girlfriend.

So many questions ran threw my head.

I finally decided to read through the entire letter word for word and see what he wanted from me, what he had to say to me after six years.

When I finished reading the letter I was lost. I didnt know what to say or do. Did he mean the things he said? Was he truly sorry for what he did? Could he be trusted again?

The voice over the intercom announcing that Kenji's devision was starting tore my thoughts away. I stood up, put the letter back into the envelope and shoved it into the pocket of my jacket. I didn't want to think about this, I couldn't think about it. All I cared about right now was being there for Kenji and cheering him on from the stands.

I quickly ran over to the show ring just as the first person was entering the arena on their horse, I found Kenji's mom and took a seat beside her waiting for the show to begin.

But I just couldn't concentrate with the thoughts of my dads letter recurring in my head.