Chapter 4

- Kenji's POV -

The silence was killing me, I wasn't sure if I should say something or just walk away and ignore his presence entirely. I awkwardly stood there and fixed the knot in Cisco's mane when the criminal finally spoke up.

"What don't know how to talk?" His voice was deep but not overly deep sort of like the perfect pitch, unlike mine which was a lot higher and made it sound like my balls haven't dropped yet. We'll I mean I guess it sounds I don't know average? Anyways, I looked at him with a cold stare as I softly pat Cisco's neck. "Is that your horse?"

"No." I said and made a soft clicking sound to Cisco making him walk forward and I led him past Mathew, out the barn and to the pastures.

I closed and locked the gate after turning Cisco out, I flung the lead rope over my shoulder and turned around to bump right into Mathew's chest, seeing as I was shorter then him, my head just came up to the collar bone below his neck.

I stumbled backward and looked up at him, he said nothing, more less smirked in mocking kind of way so I let out an annoyed sigh and told him to follow me.

Back at the barn I put the lead rope back and turned to look at him.

"Your jobs are going to be simple. You muck out each stall, feed and water the horses in the morning, afternoon and before bed, grain twice a day, fill the hay nets to the top and make sure to fill both water buckets in every stall. You will be the one in charge of running into town to get feed, hay an-"

"Look I don't care about your pretty little ponies, I'll do what ever the fuck I want and I don't need some stupid eighth grader bossing me around." 

I looked at him shocked, I didn't believe such words left his mouth.

"Um I'm not an eighth grader Im going Into grade twelve just so you know."

"Oh wow grade twelve, I congratulate you on accomplishing nothing." I didn't know what to say so instead he just laughed, I sort of stood there dumbfounded with a disgusted look on my face. He reached in his pocket, pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a put one in his mouth. I hope he gets lung cancer. 

"You can't smoke in here."

"I don't see no fucking sign." Mathew pulled out his lighter and tried to light his cancer stick.

"That's because its comment sense. Its a fire hazard you cant smoke in a horse stable."

"And what are you gonna do about it."

"Ill get my mom, who can call the cops on you and you can go back behind bars where you belong."

"You little fucking-"

"How are things going in here guys?" My said popping out of legit no where. "Oh Mathew you can't smoke in here." Im guessing she didn't hear him about to threaten me. Of course.

"My bad, no one told me." He put on such a fake act around my mom it was repulsive. He took the cigarette from his mouth and shoved the unlit cancer stick and lighter in his pocket.

"Would you mind stepping outside for a moment please Mathew I need to have a word with my son." This can't be good. Mathew nodded his head and left just me and my mom in the barn. "What where you thinking?"

"What did I do!"

"You know smoking is a fire hazard and its not aloud in the barn."

"I fucking told him that but he wouldn't listen to me."

"Watch your mouth!" My mom angrily snapped at me, Matt hasnt even been here a day and he's already causing drama and bull shit.

"Wow." I shook my head and angrily walked off. I went outside and saw Mathew leaning against the barn and gave me a smirk, of course he heard me getting in shit for what HE did. If this is what it's going to be like for how ever long he is staying here with us, I'd rather get my self run over by a horse.

[Picture is Mathew]