Chapter 6

- Kenji's POV -

Just a week of Mathew being here and Im already at my breaking point.

Who am I kidding, I was ready to Pack him in a box while he was asleep and ship him back to where he came from the first day he arrived.

Not only has he been treating me like shit behind my moms back, verbally insulting me, he made work around the barn ten times more harder then it should be.

He doesn't know the first thing about handling horses and when I tried to help him he just mocked me and walked off. Next thing I knew I was getting in trouble for so called 'not helping' him when my mom asked how things where going and wouldn't listen to my side of the story. As usual.

My stress level was to the max since he came here, I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off, doing everything while everyone else sits on their asses and does nothing. I cant even go for a ride with out Mathew watching me with that judgmental smirk of his or commenting on any little thing I do or saying things such as "I hope you fall on your ass again."

The only time I have peace is when Im in my bed asleep, but it's not enough to get me through the day. I even asked for extra shifts at work so I can spend more time away from home and away from him. 

Maybe I could save up enough money to buy a plane ticket to Alaska or some place far and live with Penguins or something. Anything to get away from him.

But since the only thing that keeps me sane and makes me happy In life is horse back riding, I decided to treat myself to a ride regardless if Matt tries to ruin it for me.

I took Duke out for a bare back ride in the arena, no saddle just a bridle. If Mathew came to watch Im not going to give him any bit of attention. I set the jumps down lower and just pushed everything aside and let the thoughts of riding be the only thing on my mind.

I took Duke over the first few jumps at a steady trot then at a canter doing the hole course bare back. It took me a lot of courage and Trust in both me and Duke to finally be able to learn how to jump bare back but when I do it's the most amazing feeling. 

I finished the course both me and Duke panting from the heat of the hot summer weather. I gave him a long rein and let him hold his head low and relax as we cooled out, giving him a big pat on the neck.

"How'd you do that?" I heard a sudden voice and looked to see Matt at the arena doors

"What?"

"Don't you need that, what its called to ride that thing?"

"He's not a thing he's a horse and his name a Duke." I rubbed my forehead in exhaustion.

"Yeah whatever I don't care about his name but how did you do all that?"

"Do what I just rode him."

His usual smirk formed on his lips at my response. "What else do you ride, dick?"

I didn't say anything, I mean what could you say? No matter what I said he had an even better come back, no matter what I did he had a smart ass comment to say about it.

"Faggot." He said before walking off. I halted Duke and dismounted, my eye's started watering and I knew I couldn't hold it in no matter how much I tried to.

I didn't mean to cry let a lone want to but I cant even sit down with out him having something rude to say to me. A person can only handle so much before it builds up and up and just makes you crash back down.

And I hate to admit it but it didn't take long for Mathew to breach my breaking point.

"Kenji?" I looked up and saw Samara standing by the arena doors. "Are you crying?"

I rubbed my eyes quickly. "No, well Duke just stepped on my foot and my eyes started to water but Im not crying." Of course I wasn't tell her I was crying over Mathew, how Pathetic would it be to run to my sister because I was upset over him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Im fine, can you just take Duke and untack him for me I have to check my foot and sit down." I said leading Duke over to her, handing her the reins and quickly running out the barn. No I wasn't going to check my foot I wanted to leave before I really broke down.

God I'm pathetic.

I turned to leave the barn just as I bumped into Mathew. The last person I wanted to see.

"Get out of my way." I said coldly, pushing past him.

"What happened to you?" He shouted back, like he really cared. If he
Really felt the need to bring it up and add it to his list of things to torment me about I can just simply lie like I did with Samara and it was a horse related "accident"

But to him he'll see me crying as being weak and pathetic. But he already thinks that of me anyways so whats the difference.

So I didn't answer him and I just ran up to the house.