Chapter 9

- Kenji's POV -

I had the vet come and check over Shay, and all in all he was a relatively healthy horse just a little under weight and needed his hooves trimmed. She said by the time he had a proper eating routine, he was gaining more weight and his feet were done I could start training and riding him.

I was leaning against the stall watching Shay as he got used to his new surrounds when Mathew walked up to me.

"So thats your horse?" He asked me.

"Yes."

"Looks like it belongs at a glue factory."

"So do you." I turned to look at him. "Everyone deserves a second chance so that's what Im doing, Im helping this horse, what's so wrong with that."

"Just seems like a stupid idea to waist your time helping a broken down horse like that when you can get a perfectly good new one."

"Its called recusing and rehabilitation. Something I though you would know by now. Besides why would you understand? Your just the hired help." I angrily walked past him but he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"You really think you can say shit like that to me?" He yelled.

"What's your problem?" I shouted back at him.

"Your my problem, your fucking pathetic, running around with your stupid little ponies."

"What did I ever do to you! Nothing!"

"Your right you did nothing, exactly that." He said to me angrily. "You stay locked up in your pathetic little horse world where everything is perfect right. Well nothings fucking perfect Kenji, take it from me I should know."

I looked at him confused, what the hell was he talking about?

He laughed "Of course you wouldn't understand. Your mom just bought you a fucking horse. You know the most expensive thing my mom ever bought me? Nothing cause we could never afford anything. I moved from foster home to foster home and nothing ever worked. I ended up In jail, in group homes and now on probation. You think getting in a little trouble with your mom is such a big thing to deal with? I haven't seen my mom since I was fourteen. So before you go off complaining about your life and how "tough" it is, try living my life for a change."

"Then why do you treat me like shit if you know what it feels like."

He walked closer to me so there was no space between our bodies "Because I hate you." He put his hand on the side of my face and brought his lips to mine. Kissing me. "But everyone deserves a second chance." He said to me when he broke the kiss.