12.

"Stop fixing your hair."

"I'm not fixing it," I lie, moving my left hand from my hair and back onto the steering wheel. I wish I hadn't have washed my hair. Luke wouldn't even let me blow dry it before we left.

"Calum won't even notice your wet hair. Especially when you're wearing that top," Luke says and I take my eyes off of the road for a moment to stare at him. "I'm your best friend, Ruby. I can always tell what you're thinking about."

"What am I thinking about now then?" I ask, stopping at the red traffic light.

"You're questioning whether that top is too low cut." Damn it. How did he know that? "It's not, by the way."

Uncomfortable talking about my boobs with Luke, I turn up the radio and stare at the red light, waiting for it to turn green.

I've never technically been to Calum's house but I've driven past it a bunch of times, usually on my way to Joss's house, even though I have to take the long way to go past Calum's. Gosh, that makes me sound like a creep, I'm not. If you knew Calum you'd understand. It's hard not to be infatuated by someone who is equally hot yet adorable.

The light goes green and I turn left. Luke's humming along to the radio. "What are you doing at Calum's anyway?"

"Hanging out."

"Does he know I'm driving you there?"

"I didn't mention it, if that's what you mean."

"Okay," I breathe. "So, do you have a plan or did you just genuinely need a lift?" Since you slashed your own tires.

Luke laughs and grabs my knee gently with his hand. "Relax, I've got this covered." He squeezes my knee tighter and my body tenses up.

"I can't relax with your hand on my knee like that." 

"Why? Am I turning you on?" He moves it before I can swat it away.

"No," I laugh. "I just don't like you touching me."

"Oh, that's right. I forgot you're saving yourself for Calum," Luke lies. I know it's a lie and he didn't forget because he teases me about this all the time.

"I'm not saving myself for him," I say, my cheeks feeling a bit hotter than usual.

It's true, I'm not saving myself for Calum. It's just that I can't think of any other boy I know that I'd like to be intimate with. I'm not really attracted to any of the other boys at our school. They're all sort of, boring, I guess. Just your typical teenage boys. Calum's different.

"I'd explore other options if I were you. I heard he has a small penis."

"Shut up," I roll my eyes. Last year, Calum's nude snapchat was leaked and spread around the whole school. Luke knows - and I know - that he definitely can't be classified as small. 

The conversation ends then because Luke's on his phone and I'm looking down the street where Calum's house sits at the end. Like most of the houses in this area, Calum's house is two stories and huge, with a large front yard that's lined with rose bushes.

I park my car and wait for Luke to get out, but instead he slides his phone back into the pocket of his black jeans and smiles at me.

"Are you waiting for something?"

"Yes," he answers simply, not giving anything else away. Sometimes I think Luke thinks of himself like James Bond or something; all mysterious and good-looking, with an endless supply of gorgeous women around him.

Right on cue, Luke looks out the car window to the front door of the house where Calum is now standing and my stomach does a flip. He's dressed in all black and his hair is sort of combed over at the front. His lips are sort of pushed together in the way that makes me want to push him against a wall and kiss him roughly.

Calum gives a short wave and I give him a huge smile, waving back at him like a dork. "Stop doing that," Luke mumbles under his breath. "You look like a dork."

I drop my hand but keep smiling, because Calum's still watching us. "Do you need me to pick you up?"

"Only if that's not too much trouble, baby."

I resist rolling my eyes, "You don't have to call me baby in here. Calum can see us, he can't hear us."

"Oh," Luke glances back out at Calum for a second. "Good point."

Before I can react, Luke's unclipped his seatbelt and his hands are on either side of my face. He presses his lips to mine softly, and I'm completely shocked that I can't manage to push him off me when he parts my lips with his tongue.

Effortlessly, his tongue finds mine and somehow, I'm kissing Luke back even though I have no idea what's going on. It's as if my body has a mind of it's own. His hands are pressed into my cheeks firmly while my own hands - possibly the only part of my body that isn't reacting - sit awkwardly in my lap

And then pulls away, kissing my forehead quickly and making eye contact for just a second, "Laters, baby," he says, referencing 50 Shades of Grey. I only get the reference because he sat in my room and read the first book aloud to me one afternoon. "I'll text you later."

He shuts the car door and I watch him walk up to Calum's house, the two of them giving each other one of those weird boy hugs, all while my heart is racing because Luke and I just kissed. 

Luke kissed me.

I kissed Luke back.

All while Calum was watching us.

I can't even ring Joss and talk this over with her because she thinks we're dating and therefore, would kiss all of the time.

And the strangest part of it al  isn't that Luke just kissed me or that I kissed him back, it's that I actually enjoyed it.

Maybe fake-dating Luke isn't going to be so bad after all.

i know some of you will probably think this is moving to fast but this is really only the beginning so don't worry :))