Chapter 3

The annoying sound of my alarm woke me up at 6:30 giving me enough time to be at school for 8:00. I rushed into the bathroom brushed my teeth and put on a little makeup. I straightened my hair and threw on some denim shorts, a black top and a red and black flannel wrapped around my waist. I couldn't decide whether to wear my black or white converse, i went with black in the end to match my top.

Kayla and Mia woke up at the same time as each other, around half an hour after me. Kayla smartly shot out of bed and ran straight into the bathroom and slammed the door shut before Mia even had enough time to get out of bed.

"I guess I'm brushing my teeth in the Girls bathroom." Mia said stepping down from her bunk bed, grabbing her tooth brush out of her still packed suitcase and walked out the door, heading towards the main bathroom. I rolled my eyes laughing.

"So, I saw you talking to Austin at the party last night." Kayla mentioned as she walked out of the bathroom. I had forgot all about that.

"Talking? More like him spilling his drink over me and then blaming me for the fact he had to go get another drink!" I said, trying to think back to last night.

"Well that sounds like Austin." She replied with a laugh, I didn't expect to get along with Kayla but she's alright once she's out of her moods I guess.

* * *

As Mia and I were walking to school we saw Riley, Mason and Austin together. Thankfully for me, Austin had left the boys just before they started to walk over to us. I never wanted to speak to Austin again.

"Hey." Mia greeted when they got closer. She walked over to Riley again, leaving me with Mason.

"Riley didn't get to the shortcut in time." Mason said, I didn't have a clue what he was going on about.

"Shortcut? The party last night? You really don't remember?" he answered obviously noticing my confused look. I then remembered, Mason and Mia took me through to the shortcut so We wouldn't get in trouble with the teachers.

"Oh yeah I remember." I said looking up at him, he was staring back at me grinning.

"Yeah, he has to stay behind for a detention after school for 2 days, and they contacted his parents along with all the other ones who got caught drinking." He explained.

Wow, that's not good on the first day back. I'm glad Mason found me.

***

The lessons went pretty fast and before I knew it, it was already lunch. I followed Mia down to the cafeteria. The food looked more appealing than my last schools food ever did.

Once Mia and I had took our seats and sat down, a tall girl walked over to our table. She had curly brown hair which was tied back in a purposely messy bun showing her pretty features. "Hey I'm Caitlyn, a friend of Mia's."

After introducing myself to Caitlyn, i was looking around and I noticed Nathan was talking to this tall blonde girl who stood there wrapping her hair around her finger. Then he reached in and kissed her on the lips.

Typical Nathan.

"Who you checking out." Mia said turning round to look at Nathan. "Isn't he a senior?" She said raising her eyebrows.

I felt sick at what she thought.

"You mean Nathan?" I answered, curious as to what she was going to say next.

"Yeah, he's good looking if you ask me." She said, I couldn't help but laugh.

"That's Nathan Prescott, as in my older brother Nathan Prescott." I answered smiling, her face went bright red while Caitlyn and I burst into laughter.