Chapter 11

"What about this?" Kayla suggested, holding up my leather jacket.

"Too edgy." I sighed.

"Bella that was the hundredth thing I've held up. Just pick something to wear!" Kayla moaned, falling onto my bed.

"I have no clothes!" I groaned, looking through my closet.

"You have loads of clothes!" Kayla said, getting up to grab her magazines. "But I wouldn't mind a shopping trip."

I don't know why I'm finding it hard to choose an outfit, I'm only going out to tutor Austin. I couldn't stop thinking about the conversation I had with Mason earlier, why would I need to be careful around Austin?

I tried on my light washed jeans and my white crop top, it looked alright but it was missing something. I walked over to Kayla's side of the closet and looked through her clothes.

"Can I borrow your grey scarf?" I shouted over to Kayla, she walked into our closet and smiled when she saw me.

"That goes perfect! With these as well." She held out a pair of her brown ankle boots, I nodded in agreement and tried them on.

I was so happy to be finally done! I always take forever to get ready.

"So when are you meeting Austin?" Kayla asked, slumping back onto my bed.

"He text me to say he was coming here at 4." I answered, while placing my bracelet on my wrist.

She grabbed her phone out of her pocket, with a confused look on her face "You sure he was meeting you here?" I nodded and Kayla showed me the time on her phone which read 4:20.

"He's just running a little late." I reassured.

He would stand me up again, would he?

Kayla and I sat reading magazines to pass time, I kept checking my phone every minute to see if Austin had text to cancel or say he was running late.

He never text.

It had gone past 5, Kayla looked at me and then glanced over at the clock. "He's coming." I muttered, more to myself then her.

We were looking at our magazines when the door knocked, I exchanged smiles with Kayla. Fixing my hair and quickly checked my outfit in the mirror, before pulling the door open.

"What took you so long to open the door?" Mia moaned, walking past me and over to Kayla and handing her the straighteners she borrowed Caitlyn. I fell back onto my bed next to where Kayla and Mia were sitting.

"He's not coming, is he?" I mumbled.

Before either of them could answer there was a knock at the door, I immediately sat up and flattened my straight hair out.

I opened the door and Austin was stood there with an apologetic look. I smiled when I saw him but he didn't return it, which was strange. He looked angry for some reason.

I was about to walk out when Kayla called me back. "Don't forget your notes." She said, grabbing the science notes from my desk, I smiled and thanked her.

"Are you okay" I asked Austin as we was walking out of the girls dorms.

"Huh?" He answered, I was about to repeat my question when his phone rang. He looked at the caller id and clicked decline before putting his phone into his back pocket.

Austin had hardly spoke since then, whenever I tried to make conversation he would give me short answers. Other students were sat under oak trees studying, we decided to sit on one of the benches near the fountain.