Chapter 8

"Bella? What's going on?" Austin was stood behind our room door and he didn't sound happy.

I looked up at Mia and Kayla for help, I didn't know what to do. Maybe I shouldn't have shut the door on his face.

Then again, he did deserve it.

"Bella! I'm coming in!" With that Austin was about to push open the door, before Kayla beat him to it. She opened the door half way and looked up at Austin.

"Austin, so nice for you to visit!" Kayla smiled sarcastically.

"I know she's in there Kayla!" Kayla's smile turned into a smirk.

"Sorry, who specifically? We never know with you." Kayla voice was slow on each word. I was sat on my bed with Mia, both amused at what was going on.

"Bella, can we talk?" His voice softened. Kayla was about to reply before I stood in front of her and looked up at Austin.

"Just forget about it, Austin. I understand, you don't want to date just one girl. Were just lab partners, nothing more, nothing less?" I said confidently, his blue eyes staring into mine.

Before Austin could say anything else, Mia grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. We all walked down the hallway leaving Austin stood alone outside.

"You know, you're the first one to ever say no to him!" Mia chuckled linking my arm as the three of us were walking to the fair. I just laughed, unsure of what to say.

***

I was currently on the bumper cars with Mason, Mia, Riley and Kayla and I wasn't getting off until I had hit Masons car! He had bumped into my car far too many times and I still hadn't hit his once.

I searched the area, trying to find his colour car, green. I looked up at the countdown and there were only thirty seconds left, suddenly something hit the back of my car. Mason!

I turned my car around and pressed the pedal at full speed when I was near to Masons car, that's when the music stopped and my car went dead.

The ride had stopped before I could even get Mason back!

"Maybe next time." Mason laughed as he ruffled my hair, I pouted and fixed my hair back to normal. "The Ferris wheel next." Mason said smirking.

"Do we have too? Why don't we go and grab some food first?" I suggested, I was so tired from all the rides we had been on and I was getting hungry. Mason just stared at me blankly.

"Come on." Mason pulled my wrist and guided me towards the Ferris wheel, luckily the line was only short. I hadn't seen Mia, Riley or Kayla since being on the bumper cars, I don't have a clue where they went.

We was next in line to go on the Ferris wheel, I hadn't been on one in ages.

"Ladies first." Mason said helping me up into the cart, I took my seat and waited for Mason to step in but he was looking to the right and waving to someone. I couldn't make out who he was waving too, since it was quite dark.

"Do you need some help getting in?" I laughed and Mason just shook his head.

"Sorry Bella." Mason said before moving away from the cart.

"Sorry for what? Mason what's going on-"That's when I saw someone hop into my cart and it wasn't Mason! Before I could get out, the Ferris wheel started moving up leaving me stuck here.

"What do you want, Austin!" I said nervously. Did they plan this? Mason will regret doing that!

"I want to know what all that was about, at your room?!" He said running his hand through his hair. My face flushed, I wasn't sure what to say.