chapter 17

"What about this one?" Mia stepped out of the dressing room waking down like she was on a cat walk. She spun around showing me a dark blue silk dress, I watched it spin at the bottom.

"Beautiful...as were the last 20 dresses you showed me." I answered, getting bored of seeing all these dresses.

Mia, Kayla and I were currently at the local mall on the search to find our dresses for the Halloween formal. We had been in almost every shop and still hadn't found the perfect dress for either of us.

"I don't get it, why are we not wearing Halloween costumes?" I asked confused about the idea. Mia then explained how last year the pupil's outfits were too...revealing so the dean had changed it into a Halloween formal.

Mia and I were sitting by the dressing rooms waiting for Kayla to show us her dress, she had been in there for a while.

"I've chosen the perfect one!" Kayla squealed with excitement as she dramatically pulled open the curtain revealing a gorgeous slim fitted, silver dress. The dress sparkled every time she moved, it was beautiful.

Once Kayla had told the women who worked at the store that she was getting the dress, we were piled with shoes and clutches that matched with the dress. With Kayla being Kayla she brought 2 pairs of sparkling shoes and 3 different styled clutches to choose from.

Mia and Kayla were getting along great, there's one thing that they have in common and that is shopping. Kayla's like a completely different person when we go shopping.

I was looking at the all the dresses placed on the racks while they were both at the tills. That's not my colour. This one won't suit me. Well this one's cute, I think as I try to find the price tag; $525. Well I mean it's not that cute.

"I can't find a dress!" I signed to Mia and Kayla as they were walking up to me each carrying shopping bags full of clothes.

"Maybe you should actually try something on instead of just looking." Mia suggested. None of these dresses stand out to me.

"So we just have to find Bella a dress now." Kayla said as we all stopped in the centre of the mall looking for another dress boutique.

"What about Mia?" I asked, I didn't think Mia had bought her dress yet.

"I got mine weeks ago, it's the baby pink coloured one that makes me feel like a princess." She smiled. "Bella I wouldn't leave it until last minute to pick out my outfit." She's right, the dance is less than a week away. Everyone seems to be at the mall today doing last minute shopping.

"Wait why were you trying on those dresses then?" I questioned Mia.

"Well I had to do something while I was waiting for Kayla." Mia replied rolling her eyes. We all laughed, typical Mia.

We were walking through the mall when a gorgeous red dress caught my eye. I quickly walked over to the shop with Mia and Kayla followed behind me. Placed on one of the mannequins in the display window was the most stunning, elegant red dress I had ever seen.

"You need that dress." Mia screeched, that's exactly what I was thinking. We walked into the shop trying to find that exact dress, we couldn't see it anywhere.

"Could I help you?" I turned around to see a tall, short haired brunette girl, she eyed me from my head to my toes and gave me a snobbish look. I looked at the name tag; Katie.

"Yes actually, where could I find that red dress?" I said pointing towards the mannequin.

Katie looked over at the dress and looked back at me. "Sorry out of stock." She was about to walk away when she turned back to us "Anyway it's very pricey."