Chapter 13

"5, 6, 7, 8!"

I squinted open my eyes and glanced over at the clock on my bedside table, 9:00am. I rubbed my eyes, still tired from my sleep and looked around my room.

No one was in here.

"Mia? Kayla?" I shouted while getting out of bed to check if they were in the bathroom. Where are they?

"And again!" I heard someone shouting from outside. "5, 6, 7, 8"

I walked over to my window, which was left open and saw the cheer team practising their routine outside. Why did they have to be so loud?

I jumped back onto my bed, grabbing my phone from my bedside table to check my messages.

Mia; Hey, I went to grab breakfast with Caitlyn, Kayla went to practise. Text me when your awake.

I replied to Mia and started getting ready.

After brushing my teeth, I grabbed my towels and took a shower. Our room had our own shower but I hated how it was small and confined.

Once I was finished washing my hair, I wrapped my towel around my body and left my wet hair to fall down my shoulders. I turned on my radio and I heard someone knock at my door, it was probably Mia or Kayla.

While singing the song that was playing, I swung open the door.

"Austin." To my surprised Austin was stood there holding two coffees, a few books and a giant smirk on his face.

Then there was me, my hair still wet from my shower and my hand clutched over the top of my towel to make sure it wouldn't move.

My face flushed and Austin seemed to notice "Sorry Bell-" was all I heard him say before I slammed the door shut of his face and turned around so my back was leant against the door.

"I'll be out here, just let me in when you're ready." Austin called from behind the door.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. I can't believe that just happened.

Quickly I pulled out the first thing I saw in my closet, a jumper and leggings. Standing in front of the mirror I towel dried my hair before brushing it out, leaving it still a little damp.

When I opened the door, Austin looked up from his phone and smiled when he saw me. "Your coffee's cold." He laughed as he handed me my drink.

I went to my desk and started to put on a little makeup, while Austin sat on the edge of my bed. I was glad he never mentioned what just happened, I was too embarrassed to talk about it.

"How many times are you going to shut your door on my face?" He said with a light laugh.

"The same amount of times you spill a drink over me." I replied, remembering the first time I met Austin at the beach. I looked up at him in my mirror, his blue eyes looking back gazing into mine.

Once I had finished, I plugged in my hairdryer. Luckily my makeup covered up the scratch that the tree branch left yesterday.

I glanced over to Austin, he was reading through one of the books he brought in "What you reading?"

"It's a Science revision book. Those notes that you gave me really helped too." He replied.

I reached over to grab my coffee off my desk, "Its cold." I scrunched my nose at the taste.

"Well you did leave me outside for ten minutes." Austin defended.

Instead of replying I thought of something else.