Chapter 9

"Miss Prescott, could you answer the question, please." Mr Collins; my English teacher asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um, sorry what was the question Sir?" I replied, my voice a little shaky.

"Focus, Miss Prescott!" He sighed "Can anyone help her out?" Majority of the class raised up their hands to answer the question. Was I the only one not listening?

Bella focus and stop thinking about Austin!

I kept overthinking the conversation we had in the Ferris wheel yesterday. Did I say the right thing?

The ring of the bell brought me out of my thoughts this time, I probably should have paid attention in that lesson.

"Hey there." Mason greeted.

"Mason! I need to borrow your English notes." I pleaded, Mason just laughed at me.

"Sorry Bella, I don't take notes." He answered.

"Then how do you remember what we learn?"

He shrugged before pointing at his head "It's all up here." I just laughed and rolled my eyes.

We sat on a table with Mia, Riley, Daniel and Caitlyn after we got our food.

"Are you coming to watch us win, at the game tonight?" Riley asked confidently.

"Of course!" Mia smiled.

"But who said you're going to win the game?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Have you not seen my skills?" He replied before Mason corrected him "You mean our skills Riley, you're not the only one on the team."

"Yeah, but I'm the only good one on the team." Riley muttered loud enough so we could hear him. I couldn't help but laugh when Mason, Riley and Daniel started arguing over who was better.

It wasn't long until the bell rang, for the last lesson of the day. To my luck, I had science with Austin. It is going to be hard to forget about him, when his going to be sat right next to me.

I took my seat and waited for the lesson to begin, I noticed Austin wasn't in here yet.

"Austin please take your seat, I will speak with you in a minute." Miss McCarthy said, ten minutes into the lesson. I looked up to see Austin walking towards his seat, his eyes never left mine. I immediately looked down when I feet my cheeks heat up.

After Miss McCarthy had finished explaining the work to the class, she walked over to our desk and asked Austin why he was late.

"Coach had us practise longer, for the football game tonight." Austin replied.

"Next time, bring a note." Austin nodded. "Have you found a tutor yet? We have our test Monday?"

"Um, I actually asked Bella here if she could tutor me, but she said she doesn't care about my education." He shrugged.

Did I just hear that right? I shot Austin a glare and he just smirked in return.

I opened my mouth to say something but Mrs McCarthy interrupted me "Bella, you may not know this but if you help others with their learning, it can bring your own grade up. Maybe you could spare some time to tutor Austin." I couldn't believe what was happening, how can they turn this around on me?

"Yeah, of course I can." I mumbled, still glaring at Austin.

Mrs McCarthy smiled "Perfect, now open your textbook, page 82" she shouted before walking back towards the front of the classroom.