Chapter 19

I just love these hot relaxing mornings on the beach with the sun beaming on me. I just close my eyes and forget about the outside world...feels like I have been lay here for over a year and half!

A sudden shadow covered my body as I felt the heat disappear from my skin. Before I could open my eyes to see what happened, water began to splash all over me.

The whole beach probably heard Kayla, Mia and I as we automatically screamed from the unexpected water that drenched us completely. It was no surprise that when we opened our eyes, standing in front of us was Mason, Riley and of course...Austin.

"You can thank Riley for that idea, he's the one who brought the water guns not me" Mason confessed after seeing our unimpressed looks.

"Well I don't think any of you are funny, I was trying to get a tan for the ball tomorrow!" Mia screeched.

"It's only water Mia." Riley stated before grabbing Mia by the waist and laying her over his shoulder, I could see Mia's failed attempt to try and get down.

"Riley put me down!" Mia said in between giggling. Riley walked towards the sea with Mia resting on his shoulder and from the distance I saw her get dunked straight into the sea.

I looked over to Mason and Kayla, they were laughing with each other. Yesterday Mason told me a little secret...He wanted to ask Kayla to the ball, he had sent her roses with a two tickets attached and a card saying which read 'come to the ball with me?' However, he forgot to put his name on the card...Kayla is still searching for the mystery man who sent her the roses. Mason has now decided to back out of his plan. In other words he is scared that she will reject his offer.

"I just don't understand why someone would send roses asking me to go to the ball and not tell me who they are! What was the point in them sending the roses?" I overheard Kayla explaining the situation to Mason.

I could just see Mason standing there awkwardly, oh I wish he would just stop being scared and tell her. I didn't want to get involved as he had already begged me not to say anything.

"Hey Bella" Austin said with that cute smile of his. My arms looped round his neck as I gave him a hug, I could feel his hand on my back as we hugged. "You look good...really good." He commented with a smirk looking down at my bikini.

"What's that?" I asked pointing at his hand. He was holding a small box that had my name written on the tag. "Is that for me?"

"No it's for another girl called Bella." He replied, I rolled my eyes before attempting to grab the box out of his hand. He held his hand up as high as he possibly could, stopping me from reaching the box. Obviously I jumped for it but my little legs can only jump so far.

"Austin show me!" I begged, I have never liked surprises. Austin continued to laugh, amused at the fact that I couldn't reach.  "If you want it then find a way to get it." He said.

I did the one and only thing I could think of...I kissed him. While Austin was taken back by my sudden action I grabbed the box out of his hand. "I found a way!" I cheered.

I untied the ribbon from the box and opened the lid, revealing the most beautiful pair of earrings I had ever seen. They silver sparkled diamond earrings glistened in the sunlight, my heart melted when I looked up to see Austin's smile.

"I can take them back if you don't like them..." Austin said scratching the back of his neck as he nervously waited for my reply.

"I love them! Thank you so much." I screeched while giving him a hug. Things had really changed between Austin and I, it was like nobody else mattered and we were finally enjoying each other's company. Although...no...we're not an item and no, he has not asked me to go to the ball with him.