Chapter 15

Finished.

I glanced up at the clock and noticed that I had completed my exam five minutes before time was up. The class was silent and everyone was focused on their test papers.

I didn't once look at Austin who was sitting beside me. I was hoping that we didn't have to do partner work for the second hour. Austin and I hadn't worked things out or even spoke at all since the argument.

If only I wasn't with Jake at that moment. Things would have turned out so differently.

As soon as the school bell rung, the whole class dropped their pens and pushed their papers aside. Everyone hated exams.

"You are all aware that we have a double lesson. Since you were all silent while completing the exam you may choose to sit wherever you would like for the next hour." Miss McCarthy explained as she was collecting all the test papers.

Wait that means I don't have to sit next to Austin.

Before I even had time to pick my bag up from the floor, Austin had already moved to sit next to his friend Spencer. Which was only the seat in front of mine.

Looking around the room I noticed Caitlyn walking towards me "Mind if I sit with you?"

"No, its fine." I smiled. I was happy that I had someone to talk to during this lesson, I just wish I got to move by where Caitlyn was sitting. Right now I'm staring at the back of Austin's head.

Out of all the seats, he had to sit in front of me?

Miss McCarthy asked us to complete the simple tasks on the board for the rest of the lesson. Caitlyn was busy telling me about her and Daniel, I was just listening not really paying my full attention.

"I'm taking Sarah out later." Austin said to spencer, loud enough for me to hear.

Sarah? He's taking Sarah out?

"So what about you..." Caitlyn asked me.

"What about me?" I replied, unsure of what Caitlyn was talking about.

"Any Boys?" She whispered. Caitlyn didn't really know anything about Austin and me.

Why am I thinking about Austin again?

"What no." I looked at Austin who was facing sideways, still talking about Sarah. "Actually yes there is a boy and his names Jake."

Austin shot me a quick glare telling me he heard perfectly clear what I just said. I watched as his body tensed up.

"A senior." Caitlyn smirked.

I could hear Spencer and he was in the middle of talking about football when Austin randomly interrupted him, "Yeah, I'm picking Sarah up at 7 to go the movies."

I see what he's doing. He's trying to make me jealous.

The bell finally rung ending the school day, I couldn't wait to get back to the dorm.

"Isabella Prescott and Austin James please stay behind." Miss McCarthy ordered as everyone was leaving the room.

Why me? What did I do?

I threw my backpack over my shoulder then joined Austin by the teacher's desk. He didn't look at me once. Why was he still mad at me? I thought he was dating Sarah?

"I marked both your exams first, I just wanted to say well done on the both of you. Isabella you got an A and Austin you passed with a C+." Miss McCarthy praised. "Excellent tutoring Isabella!"