35

"Alex, Alex, Alex. You need to understand soon. You're supposed to be powerful. You can't let something like this make you seem weak." Mr. C says with his British accent.

I'm laid in bed at 6 years old. "But Mr. C, I fell off my bike and broke my leg."

"You wouldn't want to make Mr. Luci mad would you?" he asks in a warning tone.

I shake my head in slight fear, "I promise I won't be weak. I won't disappoint you and Mr. Luci." 

"Okay darling. Just feel better soon. I don't want him to yell at you again." Mr. C says bending down and kissing my forehead. "I'll see you soon Alex. For now just rest." Mr. C says before disappearing.

I sit up in bed and run a hand through my hair. I'm drenched in sweat and let out a sigh. So the Mr. C my parents said I always talked about was Crowley and Mr. Luci was Lucifer. No wonder I was so powerful while Lucifer was out of the cage. But why couldn't I remember them earlier? 

"You okay Alex?" Dean asks rubbing my back.

"What? Oh yeah. I'm okay. Just go back to sleep I'm gonna take a shower." I reply. Dean walks back over to the couch and lays down. 

I stand up and walk to the shower. I strip down from what I was wearing and climb in the shower. I wash all the dirt off and clean my hair. Once done I climb out and dry off. I go out real quick and grab my pj shorts and a tank top. I slip them on and crawl back into the bed falling asleep.

~~~~~~

When I wake up I check my phone. A text from Josh. I tense up and swallow.

I want you back here today by 8:00 p.m. to cook dinner Alex. Don't be late or it'll be worse. You can bring your friends over, but that'll mean we'll be taking care of our problems in the basement.

-Josh

I shut my eyes and let out a sigh. I roll off my bed and pull out some clothes in my bag. If I'm gonna be going back to him I might as well try to make myself look slutty. I put on a my short black skirt that's high waist, black strap heels, a teal colored crop top that is all strap in the back, and silver hoops. My stomach doesn't show because the skirt and crop top meet so no one will see the bruise. I put on makeup which brings out my eyes a great deal and make my lips look much brighter.

I rush back out to see Dean and Sam stirring and slowly waking up. I'm packing up my bag and stuffing things in mine and running around the room.

"Alex what're you doing?" Sam asks sitting up.

"Crap my hair." I mutter plugging in my hair curler.

"And why are you dressed like a hooker?" Dean asked rubbing his eyes.

I stuff some more things in my bag, "We need to be at Josh's by 8 tonight. No later than that. Now hurry up and get packed."

"Josh, as in the one who beats you up every time he sees you?" Dean asks sitting up.

"Please Dean, I don't have time to do this right now. We gotta drive there I'm cooking dinner." I say brushing through my brown and red hair.

"Alex why are you trying to keep up this act?" Dean asks walking next to me.

I start curling the ends of my hair, "There's no act Dean. I just wanna be able to be at his house on time."

"Really? So you really want to go to Josh's house to be around him?" Dean asks as I work on another strand.

"Yes. Because I care about him." I say trying not to let my voice crack. 

"So whenever someone says Josh's name, that look in your eyes means nothing?" Dean presses on.

I let out a breathy laugh, "What 'look in my eyes' are you talking about?" 

"Alex I know the look in your eyes with your different emotions. You're scared of him. I've never seen  that kind of fear from you." Dean says.

I set down the curler and put my hands on the edge of the counter. I hang my head down looking at the new curled ends fall. "Dean. I don't want to do this now okay? I just want to get to his house and get this over. Just go pack up and we can start driving."

Dean sighs and walks out. I close my eyes and go through my routine.

1 I'm perfectly fine. 2 I will not look or feel weak today. 3 No one controls me. 4 I will always have a friend who I can talk too. 5 I refuse to let Josh break me.

I let out a breath and stand up straight again. I touch up my makeup a little bit and pack up my curling iron. I look at Sam and Dean who are almost done packing up.

"I'll go checkout, you guys pack up the car." Sam says.

I pick up my bags and Dean grabs his and Sam's. We hurry out to the car and pack it. I slide into the back seat and wait for Sam to come out. I check the time. 10:59. It takes nearly 7 in a half hours to get there. We'll have to drive non-stop to get there on time with traffic. Sam gets in and Dean starts driving.

7 hours and 50 minutes later

We pull into Josh's driveway with 10 minutes to spare. I let out a sigh and lean forward looking in the rear view mirror and begin touching up my makeup.

"Okay guys, just don't let him know you know anything okay? You ready." I ask leaning back.

"Yeah I guess so." Sam and Dean say slightly upset.

"Guys please just seem happy okay? I don't want to make this worse than it needs to be. Come on." I say getting out. I walk up to the front door with Sam and Dean behind me and knock. I check the time. One before 8. Perfect. The door opens to a smiling Josh. 

"Hey babe." I say smiling. I wrap my arms around his neck and give a quick kiss.

"Hey Honey." Josh says, "Go inside and start cooking some dinner for us." I nod and hurry inside as he hits my butt. He continues talking to Sam and Dean about something.

I grab four beers and leave one on the counter for myself. I go into his small living room and give everyone a beer. "How does Spaghetti sound to everyone?" I ask looking at them.

"Sounds great honey." Josh says.

"I haven't had Spaghetti in years." Sam says excitedly.

"Good idea Alex." Dean says raising his bottle to me.

I smile and go back into the kitchen. I open my beer and take a sip. I wash my hands and cut up some sausage and roll them into balls and put them in the oven. While the meatballs are cooking I begin heating up the sauce and boiling the water. I stir the sauce every so often, but continue sipping on my beer and quickly set the table in the next room. Finally the water comes to a boil and put in the noodles. By now the meatballs are done so I take them out and mix them with the sauce. Once everything is done I drain the noodles. 

"Dinners ready!" I call bringing in the food. "What would everyone like to drink?" I ask.

"Sammy and I will take some more beers." Dean says.

"I'll take one too Honey." Josh says. I nod and grab three more beers and myself a glass of red wine.

We all sit in silence as we eat dinner. I hope tonight isn't that bad with Josh. At least Dean and Sam will be there to help if it gets out of hand.