TSP 18

Ryko

Hearing the news, he collapsed to the floor clutching his left arm, tears rushed down his face.

"So you're saying that there is a possibility he might never use his left arm again?" Ryoma's asked dreadfully.

The doctor gave him a sad look and nodded his head "It is only a possibility Ryko-kun, but I am very sorry to say you might not be able to play in the nationals."

Ryko gripped his brothers shoulder, sobbing into his brothers chest, Ryoma held back his tears and held his little brother.

"Thank you sensei." Ryoma said, the doctor nodded and left to give them some privacy.

"Ryo-nii!" He sobbed heavily.

"Sshh its going to be okay." Ryoma said softly, Ryko looked at him with watery eyes.

"Promise, Ryo-nii?" He asked sadly, Ryoma nodded.

"I promise with all my life, but you know where we have to go now." Ryoma said seriously, Ryko nodded sadly.

"Go to sleep, we will leave first thing in the morning." Ryoma said, Ryko nodded and closed his eyes going back to sleep.

=======

After a long night and Ryoma paying for their plane tickets and packing their stuff he didn't get much sleep and he assured his younger twin that he would sleep as soon as they board the plane, the two didn't care if their older brother came and they weren't here, it wasn't unusual.

As soon as they boarded the plane, promise to his words Ryoma fell asleep, while Ryko watched some videos on their laptop. The flight attendant would come by and asked if they needed anything and made sure Ryko had some food before she would walk away again.

Ryoma woke up 8 hours into the flight, and they were still on air, they were heading back to America to see Ryko's doctor and tell him to proceed on with the surgery on Ryko's arm.

"Did you eat?" Ryoma asked Ryko who took the headphones off and nodded his head.

"Mhmm.'' Ryko said laying his head on his pillow he placed on the window, he looked at Ryoma to see him talking to the flight attendant who was listening intently, after she left, Ryoma got up and grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste and walked to the restroom.

======

Once they touched down the twins hurried over to their hotel Ryoma had his mother reserve for them, they rested up for the rest of the night.

Waking up in the morning he saw Ryko sitting on his bed looking at his phone, Ryoma knew his little brother was scared but they both knew this was the best decision. Ryoma walked towards Ryko hugging his fragile body.

"Its for the best Ryko." Ryoma said sadly, the little nodded his head.

"I know." He said meekly.

"Come on go shower, we have an appointment with Doctor Marcus real soon." Ryoma said, Ryko nodded and got up from his bed walking to the bathroom.

When Ryko came out of the bathroom, Ryoma told him to get ready while he went to take a shower.

Ryko was changing when his phone rang, he looked at the caller ID and it was Yukimura, he took a deep breath and prepared himself not to cry.

"Hi Yuki.'' He said quietly,

''Ryko where are you? You said you were coming to visit me.'' Yukimura said, Ryko detected the sadness in his voice, Ryko wiped the tear away and let out a light giggle.

''I'm Sorry." Ryko said.

Yukimura chuckled "I know baby, but are you coming to visit me?'' Ryko froze, he let out a strangled cry.

"Baby whats wrong?'' Yukimura asked when he heard his tiny boyfriend cry through the phone, Ryko tried to play it of but it wasn't fooling Yukimura.

"I-I..." Ryko trailed off.

"Baby whats wrong?" by now Yukimura was getting really worried.

Ryoma got out of the bathroom to see his little brother on the phone with tears in his eyes, it clicked immediately, he walked over to Ryko who looked at him with his large, brown/green eyes that made Ryoma feel so much sadness.

"shhh I got it Ryko, get ready." Ryoma said kissing his forehead and taking the phone away from his grasp.

"Yukimura-san?" Ryoma said as he placed the phone to his ear.

"Ryoma-kun why is Ryko crying?" Yukimura asked worriedly, Ryoma sighed loudly.

"Yukimura-san what I am about to tell you is alot and I personally don't think you will take it well.." Ryoma said with a heavy sigh.

"What happened? Is Ryko alright? Ryoma-kun tell me!" Yukimura shouted through the phone, now he was really worried out of his mind.

"Ryko and I are in America and I don't think we will be coming back any time soon.'' Ryoma said before he could give Yukimura a chance to speak he continued on '' Ryko will undergo surgery in a matter of hours and we will be in America until he gets better and I don't think we will make it back in time for the nationals, I must apologize and please inform Sanda-san of my whereabouts."

"I-Is he going to be alright?" Yukimura asked dreadfully, Ryoma sighed.

"Yes he will, this Doctor of ours is the best. We also have the possibility of Ryko not playing tennis anymore.'' Ryoma said, there was silence on the other side, he knew Yukimura was taking this hard and Ryoma too was having it hard but it was whats best for Ryko either lose his arm completely or have his arm and forever quit Tennis.

"I will leave you to it, I promise nothing bad is ever going to happen to Ryko.'' Ryoma promise ''Goodbye Yukimura-san and I will update you shortly.''

Ryoma and Ryko left the hotel room an hour later, catching a cab to the hospital for injured players, Ryoma was filling out all the papers and talking to the receptionist who confirmed that his mother had contacted their doctor, Doctor Martin who was the best surgeon in the world. He knew the boys personally and he also was a huge fan of tennis, used to play it when he was younger but ever since he broke his knee, he switched to becoming a doctor and the youngest surgeon ever.

The twins waited in the waiting room, Ryoma was on his phone whille Ryko continued to look out the large window to the tennis court out back, he watched as the players in rehabilitation build up sweat and look in pain but never giving up.