Chapter 12: Forgiveness

~~~

It was dark and quiet that night. Snow falling softly, peaceful in its own way. I neared his house for the first time in 2 months, I hope this isn't hard. I Went around back where I knew I could see his bedroom window from. I picked up a small pebble, just like I had done so many other times.

click.

A couple minutes went by, and then I saw him look out of his window. He opened it and groggily slurred my name.
"Stan... I need to talk to you"
He nodded and went back inside his room, I assumed to get his coat and hat.
After a short time he came out of his back door quietly, and came over to me.

"Stan I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have been telling you how to live your life..." I paused, looking up at him. "If you liked that lifestyle I should have been supportive and caring,even though I don't believe in drugs and alcohol. Stan I'm-"

"Kyle." He interrupted, shaking his head. "These past two months have been hell for me. I can't describe everything I've felt or what I'm feeling now but... I want you to know that without you I almost over dosed last week."

I felt myself starting to tear up. "Stan-"
"I've been lost in no self control. You're the smart one" he chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. "I'm the stupid one, and I've been denying something about myself for the longest time. Kyle, it's you. I've been denying what I feel about you."

He looked into my eyes and pulled me closer to him. "Stan... But what about all your girlfriends?" I slowly draped my arms on his shoulders.

"It's crazy what a person would go through to hide something." He leaned in close to my face, "I'm so sorry Kyle." He kissed me lightly on the lips. My eyes went wide and I felt my legs go weak. I'm sure I was blushing now, Stan just kissed me.

We stood, staring into each other's eyes for what felt like a perfect eternity. The snow falling lightly around us only increased beauty of this moment. I put my head on his chest and my eyes started to tear up. He only pulled me closer and tighter into his arms as we stood there, just us, in this quiet little mountain town.

"It's cold out here, come inside." He let go of me and left to open the back door to his house. Once we were inside he took my hand and quietly lead me upstairs, being careful not to wake his family at God knows what hour.

By now I was smiling, happy to have finally let my secret out. He opened his room door and turned to me to mime "shh," and pointed at his old dog, Sparky. I nodded and walked behind Stan further into his room. He removed my jacket and hat, and did the same for himself.

"I'll just sleep on the floor. " I whispered.

He shook his head, "oh no, I've waited too long for this. I've waited so long for the chance to cuddle, and this is that moment. Don't take that away from me, dude." He whispered back.

I blushed and nodded slowly. He told me that I could get more comfortable, that he'd be alright if I  didn't want to sleep in my jeans. I took off my jeans awkwardly, leaving me only in a t-shirt and boxers. Also, very uncomfortable.

I climbed in bed next to him. He had such a strong body, unlike mine. He wasn't too muscular. But it was attractive. He looked into my eyes and smiled. Slowly, his eyes closed and his breathing slowed. I smiled into the darkness that surrounded us, forgetting about all the troubles we had faced. He slowly reached around my back and grabbed my ass.

"Stan?" I breathed.