Castielx(Hurt)Reader

This is based on the Supernatural parody song "I Plead the Fifth" and I'm not sure who wrote it, but I left an external link to the lyrics video. It is a bit intense on nightmares and memories of when you were in hell and a bit of how you died and so on... Oh, some characters only in later scenes are illustrated as well; I'd say your safe after season 8. Welp... let's get started. 

You tossed and turned in your bed, seat dripping across your skin with your eyes screwed shut. Soft, muffled screams echoed in your room as the nightmare continued. 

You were hanging from the ceiling that you couldn't see; your wrists were rubbed raw, blood dripping down your arms while your legs dangled, your toes only able to graze the ground. Gritting your teeth, you let out a cry as the metal carved at your skin again. Tears streamed down your face when a demon appeared and laughed as he drug a knife across your skin, breaking only one or two cuts open along your stomach. He glared at you before lashing the knife across your cheek, blood pouring down. 

"What will it be today?" he said with a grin.

"Please...Please save me..." you cried softly; hoping he wouldn't hear you. Those were just hopes though. He sliced into your skin again before laughing, "Please, I can't keep going...." He thrust the knife into your stomach, twisting it around. You screamed out his name in a blood curdling screech, "CASTIEL!"

Two hands held your shoulders as you jolted away with a scream. You couldn't hear yourself, but you knew you were screaming. Tears streamed down your face as Cas hugged you close. "I'm right here, cookie. I promise. I will never leave you again." His voice cooed into your ears and you felt air fill your lungs as your screams stopped, but your tears stained his trench coat as he held you close to him. He shifted back a bit and shrugged his coat off before wrapping around you, helping to guide your arms through the sleeves. You sobbed a bit as he hugged you again.

"(Y/N)!" Cas screamed as he struggled against the other angels' grips. "Stop this! Now, Metatron!"

Metatron hovered over you and let out a sigh. "As I said, Castiel, I can have no opposers; this will assure that you will never come after me again. He plunged the knife into your stomach and your cried out. "Without your grace, you cannot save her; and that is how it should be. I truly am sorry, Castiel; but you were warned." 

With that, the angels vanished and Cas collapsed to the ground before scrambling towards your dying body. He lifted you up and sobbed lightly. "We can still get you help! Please just hang on, (Y/N)!"

You coughed up a bit of blood before shaking your head and grabbing his head. "Cas," you choked out. "Please... don't stop fighting. Beat Metatron. Please..."

"Of course," he sniffed. "I won't let this be in vain, I promise you."

"Cas?"

"Yes?"

"Do we feel the same about each other?" You struggled for air now. "I love you..." you breathed out before everything around you collapsed and you died. Cas cried and held your body close just as Sam and Dean ran inside, stopping at the door. Dean turned and slammed his fist against a beam while Sam stared in disbelief at your body. Cas stopped for a moment and took off his trenchcoat and put it around you. 

"I love you too..."

The reaper stood behind you. "It's time to go... I'm sorry, these are orders from Metatron."

You sobbed again into Cas's shoulder as you remembered your death. After that, the reaper had taken you to hell. "I'm so sorry, (Y/N). After getting my grace back, I tried so hard to save you. I'm sorry it took so long. I never want to see you like that again. Never. I will never let anyone touch you every again. I cannot bare to see you die again. I could get over Dean or Sam again, but you...."

You hugged him back and nodded into his shoulder. "I'm sorry I was so arrogant and rash. I should've listened to you and stayed away from Metatron. Hey Cas?" you mumbled into his shoulder. 

"Yes?"

"Did you ever find god?"

"No, and I do not believe he is even out there."

"I think so. Otherwise I never would have been blessed with you. You've saved me, Castiel, many times."

"But I cannot save you from your past. You are so beautiful and kind; I do not understand how someone as amazing as you could go through so much suffering."

"You make it much easier, Cas." You said while looking into his sweet blue eyes. 

"(Y/N), could I ask a favor of you?"

"Of course."

"Never leave my side. You are the only thing keeping me from going insane and using acts of suicide to stop Metatron. I cannot do anything as I've done in the past again. So please, never leave my side again."

"I wouldn't even dream of it, Cas. Can I ask a favor of you?"

"Of course, cookie. Anything," he whispered softly while rolling strands of your hair in between his fingers. 

"Will you sleep in here tonight?"

Cas blushed slightly and smiled before kissing your nose. You hugged his trench coat to you as he lifted the blanket and shifted in beside you. You laid your head on his chest, his heart beat lulling you to sleep. 

"I love you, Castiel."

You fell asleep almost instantly before Cas responded with a smile, "I love you too, cookie. Sleep tight and may you never experience such pain again."

"I swear I will save you, even if it costs me my own life."

"Wait!" you cried out as the reaper began leaving, dragging you with him. "Just... one second." you pleaded and he nodded. You ran forward and hugged Cas, feeling his body against yours one more time before whispering: "Never die for the people you love. Live for them instead." 

"I will always live for you, (Y/N). I will always be here." Cas whispered again as he dragged his fingers against your hair. 

Hey so sorry if it's a bit weird. It's just something that sprung out. Til next time!!