(Blind)ReaderxAll

Up next is sweet little Sammy; and I do mean little. This story will start out with the teen years. Again guys, sorry that I'm not posting as much, but I'll work a bit harder on that. 

You walked through the small park that was in your town. The moon was out and the light danced all around the dewing grass and made your hair sparkle. You stopped before reaching into your backpack and grabbed a blanket before laying it out and laying yourself on top of it. You faced the sky, stars dancing and blinking against the black sky base. At least, that's what you remembered seeing when you would take your trips out here. That was before all of the surgeries though. 

You had had cancer cells spreading through the retinas in your eyes and it got to the point where the doctors simply replaced your eyes with glass ones. Your mother always told you that they were beautiful, but you never could tell if that was true. That was years ago though; pleanty of time had passed and now you were almost as cool as the Marvel vigilantie DareDevil. He was by far your biggest inspiration, no matter how fiction he was. 

You took in a deep breath through your nose and closed your eyes, not that it really made much of a difference anymore. The grass smelled as if it had been cut recently, which made sense since they cut the grass every other Wednesday, but it still calmed you. With the grass, the smell of the creek running beside you tickled your nose. But there was something that stood out from that. 

Blood. 

You knew that smell from anywhere, and you knew what it meant. Reaching into your bag again, you felt the hilt of your silver dagger that your grandfather had given you on his death bed. It was one of his last wishes, the other two being one for your mother and that you would know what was really out there. You hadn't understood until a few days later when your father sat you down and explained why he was always gone so much. All of his hunting trips weren't normal hunting trips that every middle-aged dad took. You mom never knew, and she still doesn't know. After all, you had promised your dad that you'd keep it a secret. 

He never came home after that night. It was a rough childhood, and you were only 15 years into your life. The smell of blood was getting stronger. Bushes were your hiding place of choice at this point, ducking behind its thick leaves, you held the knife to your chest and slowed your breathing to virtually nothing. This was why you had come out to the park tonight. It was a full moon, and you weren't going to let anyone else lose their heart. 

A twig snapped near you and you lunged out to it, tackling  the creature to the ground. A grunt coughed out before they shoved you over and had you pinned to the ground. The hands were human, so was the smell. You couldn't "make an image with fire" like DareDevil but you could get a broad outline. This person was male and maybe the same age as you, you also thought that he was cute but it was just a guess. 

"Who are you?" the voice was low for someone that should have been your age; that was when you realized it hadn't come from the boy pinning you down. You perked your ears to the left and heard footsteps. You jabbed your knee into the boy's stomach and rolled out from under him, clutching your knife. "Sammy!" the voice called out. 

You felt the tension and anger radiating from the older boy, but something stopped him from charging you. Footsteps approached you very quietly, but not quietly enough. You pointed the knife towards the boy and he stopped dead in his tracks. 

"Hey, it's okay. We're on your side. We're hunters too." His voice was much softer and soothing than the first boy's. 

You stayed in your stance but lowered the knife. 

Snap

"Shit!" You snapped before shouldering the boy out of the way. 

Two loud thuds followed suit, one from the boy landing and the second was a werewolf landing in front of you. It snarled and let its breath cause your nose to shrew up in disgust. You flipped the dagger in your palm and waited. Just as you expected, it leapt towards you.