Chapter four

~~~~Briar~~~~

I stood in my moms hospital room holding onto her cold hand as I called my father.

"Hello?" He asked groggily. I looked at the time and it was 12 at night.

"Da-Daddy." I started sobbing again.

"Bri what's wrong??"

"M-Mom."

"What happened?!"

"She tried to commit suicide." I broke.

"Oh my Andy!!!! I'll be there soon!" He hung up and I could tell he was trying not to cry.

"Why? Why mom?!" I say staring at her. I heard footsteps and saw Dad. I hugged him hard.

"Daddy!!" I sobbed into him. He was staring at mom. He let tears run. He walked over to her and grabbed her hand. I grabbed the other. The doctor came in.

"Mr. Purdy?" Dad looked up.

"Yes?"

"we have a problem."

"She's not dead, right?!" I held my breath.

"No but she's in a coma. We don't know when she's going to wake up." Everyone turned to my mom. Please wake up mom.

It's been 3 months. Today is my mom's and my birthday. I turn 17 and she turns 32. She's still in a coma. I am currently sitting on my moms bed looking through pictures. My dad walks in. He looks like shit. I guess I'm not the only one effected by her.

"We're gonna go see her, wanna come?"

"Who's all going?"

"Jacob, me, and you." I nod. I haven't given him a hug yet. I feel bad. He's my moms boyfriend and she's pregnant.

We get to the hospital and I see Jacob. I hug him tightly as dad just continues to walk. We all walk into her room. He skin has returned some color.

I ended up falling asleep on her hand when I felt it twitch. I looked up and she was blinking trying to get used to the light.

"DADDY! JACOB! NURSE!" I screamed and they all ran in. She looked at each of us. I hugged her first and started crying again. Then Jacob, he whispered something in her ear and then smiled. Awh. Then my dad hugged her.

A couple days later mom was released and nobody trusted her by herself. Therefore everyone took turn watching her. Tonight was Jacobs Night. I left for my dads when I realized I left my charger.

I called my dad to tell him I would be late but when I walked into my house I heard screams.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Dad, come over. Now. " I hung up. And walked back out and waited for my sad to come.

I see all of the guys pull up.

"I heard mom scream."

We walked in to find Jacob beating my mother. I gaped at him and CC jumped on him. I looked at my mother flat body. Oh I forgot to mention, she lost the baby. Her clothes were torn off except for a bra and underwear.

Her body was battered and bruised. Ashley picked her up and put her on the bed. To exam her closer. I called the cops and they arrested Jacob.

After the commotion died down. Everybody walked upstairs to see dad had gotten mom changed.

"Hey momma." I sniffed and smiled. I hated seeing my mom in pain.

"Hey Babygirl." She put her hand on my cheek. It was cold and she was shaking.

"are you okay?" I asked her.

"Just scared." I nod and figured we should leave mom and dad alone. I pushed the guys out.

~~~~Angelix~~~~

I layed in the bed just staring at Ashley.

"I love you Angel." He said out of nowhere.

"I love you too Ashley." He smiles brightly.

"How long?"

"W-What?"

"How long has he been abusing you?"

"Bri is 17 and she was 8, so 9 years."

"NINE FUCKING YEARS!" I nodded quickly scared.

"I-I'm sorry." He shook his head and grabbed my head.

"Be my girlfriend." I nod and smile a genuine smile. The first in 9 years.