Chapter six: date part one

~~~~Briar~~~~

After Tyler and I watched a couple movies we decided to go to my house to have dinner.

We walked in and my mom was sitting on the couch wearing a sweatshirt and shorts.

"Hey momma." I smile and she looks up.

"Hey Bri and Tyler."

My father walked down and had a glow to him. I raise an eyebrow.

"Briar, Angel, Tyler go get ready. We're going out to eat. Dress fancy." We all nod and I grab my moms hand and run upstairs.

"Let's do each other." She nods and I decide to do her first.

"Okay."

"Let's get you in a dress first."

"Wait!" She grabs my arm.

"Yea?"

"I want to bleach my hair."

"Are you sure??" She nods and I smile. I've always wanted to do her hair.

"Yay!! I have hair dye. What color?"

"Surprise me." I smile wider and nod.

I grab all my hair dye and make my mom close her eyes. I decide to do a mint color. I put the bleach on her hair and let it sit. I begin to look at my moms shoulder and I see the bruises.

My mom has internal bruises from being hit in the same place. I sniff and cough. After letting it set I rinse it out and out the color in.

Hours later we are finished and I moved onto her makeup. I got done and we switch places.

"Aaaaaaaand done." She smiled and looked into the mirror. She smiles and this I think is the happiest I've seen her.

We both look beautiful for two goth girls we look girly.

"Okay mom. I have your dress." She nods and I pick out the sexy black dress. She raises her eyebrow.

"You really what you've just handed me." I nod and she picks out my dress.

I get dressed and wait for my mom to come out of the bathroom. I walk to the bathroom and I see her looking in the mirror.

"Mom?" She looks at me and I see the tears brimming. "What's wrong??"

She turns towards me and I look to her legs and I see the other set of bruises. I didn't know they existed.

"Where did these come from??"

"They've been there." I look down.

"Mom you look gorgeous. C'mon we have to go." She grabs her phone and we walk downstairs. I see Tyler's and my dads jaws hit the floor. I smile and my mom blushes.

This is interesting.