Chapter Nine: Kill The Messenger

Valerie was charging across the room toward Barrett who had just recovered himself from Silver's manhandling. Illyiana stepped in front of Valerie to halt her but much to my own amusement Valerie palmed her face and pushed her out of her way. Barrett snarled at Valerie right before she swung a fist nailing him in same spot I had struck him before, "I'll kill you! You should have thought better than to show your face in front of me again."

Holding true to her threat she wrapped her hands around is throat and started chocking him or at least attempted too but by the look on Barrett's face I'd say she wasn't being very successful. Lennicks moved faster then I could account for and soon he was ripping Valerie free from Barrett, "Foolish woman! I should kill you for your treatment of the royal family and gamma prime."

Valerie glared at Lennicks before she again to my amusement spit in his face. I hadn't really liked Valerie when I'd first met her but I was gaining a whole new respect for her. Lennicks was not at all amused by her response and flashed her his canines, "You must have a death wish..." He wrapped his hand tightly around her throat, successfully choking her. She squirmed and clawed at his hand trying to free herself. I felt my own panic rise as I watched the scene unfolding before me. Bunny let out a shriek from behind Marshall, "Please stop! You're killing her!"

"That's the point little wolf—" Illyiana said with a bright sadistic smirk as she watched her brother.

I gritted my teeth and took a step forward, "Put her down. Right Now." I commanded not wishing to see someone that this pack cared about die. Lennicks looked toward me with dark eyes and a furrowed brow, "Why do you care? This isn't your pack—"

"Brother!" Silver snapped, "Let her go before you make me angry and we both know what happens when I get angry." Lennicks smiled at Silver before he dropped Valerie to the ground. She hit the ground with a loud thud, gasping and coughing as she tried to make up for the loss of oxygen.

"My apologies—" Lennicks says but I can tell he doesn't actually mean in anything other than a taunt. Valerie pulled herself up off the ground still clearly upset by the sudden appearance these particular visitors. She looks over her shoulder at Silver, "I'll take the others out of the room—" She turns back to the Silver's siblings with her hateful glare and bows her head in submission but I can see she hates every moment of it, "Forgive me, I'll take my leave."

Her head rises and she marches away from us with stiff uniformed steps. She gives a slight nod toward Marshall, Bunny and Libra. They look from her toward the rest of us before following after her, more than happy to get out of the room by how fast they were moving. I watch as they disappear from view and I am not sure if I was supposed to follow but she hadn't given me any signal. I stood uncertain for a moment until Silver stepped forward blocking my view of the exit with his body, "Now, deliver your damn message quickly and then get the hell out of my house." 

I looked toward Lennicks who was staring at Silver with a wicked gleam in his eye that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. His eyes moved from Silver to me in a slow sweep, "You said that you didn't know my brother yet you must have a close relationship if he allowed you to stay over someone he's known since he was a pup—" He smirked at him and I narrowed my eyes.

"The message..." Silver prompts with a growl as he position his body slightly in front of me. Lennicks lets out a loud chuckle, "I see how it is now—Father will be so disappointed to find out, he'll never allow you to make a fool out of him Silver. Though I do see the fascination in an alpha female..."

The room became extremely quiet and I felt the tension in the air growing thicker.

My wolf stirred, Our mate is distressed—fix it! Now!