Intermission: Preview of Next Book

A/N: This is not a part of this story! Though you may have see/or may have seen some of these characters in this book. Anyway this is a preview of the next installment whose main characters will be Clarissa (in case you forgot that was, its Claire's younger sister) and West (My totally new hot male lead)  

Anyway here's the preview--let me know what you think-- 

Prologue: Dirty Little Rats 

10 years ago ...

West P.O.V 

 The man pulled me out of the dark room and I squinted against the brightness of the florescent lights overhead. I covered up eyes as I stared upward toward them, how long had it been since I'd seen the light? A calloused hand grabbed the back of my neck in a painful grip, "Get moving rat—" He pushed me forward, causing me to stumble over my feet. I pulled my arms around myself as I walked down the industrial hallway that was lined with doors. The doors had fading white painted numbers on them, and I wondered if there was someone behind each one of them.

I had no idea how long I'd been here or where this place even was. All I remembered was coming home from my football game and finding my mother standing in the living room with a couple of CIA looking fuckers. My little sister was crying hysterically about not wanting them to take me away. I think I punched one of them but I can't remember it clearly. When I opened my eyes again I was in the dark room and I'd been there ever sense.

The man behind me grabbed me again, pulling me to a stop in front of one of the numbered doors. I bit back the strange urge to growl at him as he banged his fist on the door. It took only a moment before the door creaked open and the scarred face of a man appeared. He looked toward me, only one of his eyes moving over me while the other sat stationary. The door opened wider, "This here the replacement? Looks like he's already feeling it..." His comment confuses me but I try to focus my eyes on the room behind him.

"He's one of the Alpha kids what do you expect. They're always squirrelly compared to the others." He tightens his grip on my neck and shakes me a bit. I bite into my cheek and fist the material of my shirt to keep myself from punching this asshole in the face. Scar face tried to grin with amusement but only one side of his lips turned upward, the other side was pulled down into a permanent frown.

"I'll take him to the moon room, to sit with the others. Hopefully this one won't be a disappointment." Scar face opens the door completely to reveal another hallway with only one door at the end. The closer I got to the end of the hallway the more I felt the urge to scratch at my skin. It felt like there was something crawling just underneath the surface, wanting to break free. Scar face pulled at a chain attached to his belt that revealed a set of keys, "Make it through the night kid and you'll have a bright future a head of yourself—" He unlocks the door and pushes it open with a heavy grunt.

"What's in there?" I ask staring at the small open space. I didn't get an answer as I was shoved through the small space and the door was slammed shut behind me, sealing me in. The room was completely dark and I shuffled to the side before planting myself on the damp hard ground.

I don't know how long I sat in the darkness but eventually someone returned. "Come on you little rats!" The deep voice bellowed as heavy footsteps approached the steel door. The small flap in the door slid open and a tray of food was slid in without care to what was on it. A pair of beady black eyes peered in, "Eat up! Tomorrow is the big day and you want to make sure the admiral is pleased with you. If you do please him then you'll be dining like kings—" The flap slid shut followed by a hoarse bout of laughter that turned into a coughing fit as the footsteps disappeared.