Chapter Twenty-Three: Alpha of The Mountain

A/N: So before everyone is like 'WHO THE HECK IS THIS?' I would like to say if you've been reading this story you should know who this person is but for reference check back to chapter twenty to refresh your memory. Okay carry on. 

Kale P.O.V 

"Alpha—One of the patrols caught someone wandering onto our territory this morning." Drake spoke with a firm tone as he reported to me. I peered up from where I was seated with my other Beta discussing the current numbers of our growing pack. Drake looked away from my gaze quickly, "I believe that this is someone you will want to meet for yourself sir—Alpha."

"Why?" I question with a raised brow, "I'm sure you are quite capable of handling the situation. That's why I made you a Beta after all."

"Yes, but this is different because he is a Pure Blood sir—" He lifted his eyes to mine tentatively, "And he also claims to be the second son of the monarch."

My body freezes at his words and I stare at him in complete surprise over his words.

"How is that even possible that he knew we were here? Are the patrols sure he's the only one? He could have led a group of them straight to us!" Koda, my other Beta rises in a heated panic. Drake looks towards him, "I've double the patrols and sent out scouts to make sure he did come alone. So far they haven't found anything or anyone else..."

"Lead me to him!" I growl as my body is rising up and I'm pushing my way out of the small cave room with Coda trailing quickly behind us. I moved through the cave tunnels with determined steps. My wolf was pacing back and forth in my mind, Time to Kill? He questioned with a hunger for violence. 

Over the past five years I had lost many things and people I had cared about in hopes of ending Braxton's rule. Orion had brought us all here to lead a rebellion and it had taken twenty years to gain the trust and respect of the banished. It was a low blow when Orion and his family were killed—it was as if the heart of the rebellion had been ripped out.

Those who had been loyal to him and his ideals scattered afraid of facing the same fate. It had taken me a bit of time but I had regathered the forces not wanting my friends death to be in vain. I knew he would have wanted us to finish what we had started out to do. It was long after Orion's that I lost Declan and Trace as well. I myself would have been dead if it wasn't for the small pack of wolves that had dwelled in the mountain.

When I entered the main cave a small crowd had gathered and the patrol stood in the center of the room guarding the man who they had captured. I couldn't see much of him but I could smell that he was indeed a pure blood as he had claimed to be. When the head of the patrol saw me he whistled and they broke formation giving me a full view of the trespasser. He stood in a relaxed way with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes scanning the cave with amusement. His gaze fell on me and I felt a wave of recognition rush through me. 

 He had Braxton's eyes it was an undeniable truth. I felt a growl building in the back of my throat. As if sensing the tension he smirked, "You've done a well for yourself Kale—the only surviving member of the renegades or should I call you Alpha of the mountain?"

I closed the distance with a sneer plastered on my face, "You were a fool to come into the Lions den completely alone."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Technically it's a wolf den—" I let out a low warning growl not in the mood for his smart mouth. He lifts his hands in mock surrender, "Plus I know you aren't going to kill me Alpha Kale. So coming alone wasn't a concern." I

I narrow my eyes, "I wouldn't be so certain boy. Why shouldn't I kill the spawn of the false king Braxton? He's killed a lot of people that I cared about. Seems fair retribution that I kill one of his and you walked right into my cave like a sacrificial lamb. I'm not one to turn down an opportunity." I held his gaze and noticed the slight fear in his eyes but other than that he looked completely unmoved by my threat.