Chapter Twenty- Five: Under Lock and Key

Silver silently lead us through the large house that reminded me more of a palace from the fairytales my mother had read to me when I was a young girl. We passed several guards that were stationed along the endless hallways but they didn't pay us any attention. I spotted Valerie leaning leisurely against one of the doors looking like she'd rather be anywhere else in the world. When she turns her face in Silvers direction she pushes off the door quickly. Her eyes widen when she spots me trotting alongside him before throwing us a large frown.

"So this is why the house was in an uproar for the past two days?" Valerie sends me a dark look. I let out a low growl before rubbing myself against Silver's leg purposefully to piss her off. Silver's fingers combs over my fur without much thought, "Apparently—" I tilted my head up to find him looking down at me with an unreadable expression, "I imagine the others must be here somewhere as well." He looked back towards Valerie. She let out a heavy sigh before she popped the door open, "I'll go check the dungeons. I'll leave you two lovebirds to do whatever it is you're going to do..."

Silver nodded a thanks before Valerie pushed herself away from us, heading back the direction we had come from. I watched her for a moment before Silver whistled softly to get my attention. I turned my head quickly towards him to find him leaning against the open door, "Well, shall we?" He questioned as he motioned for me to enter with a tilt of his head. I rolled my eyes and moved past him into the room with him following close on my heels.

The door slammed closed and Silver moved past me towards a dresser, "I don't have anything that will fit you but—" He shuffles through some of the drawers before pulling out a large t-shirt and holding it out towards me. I stare at it for a moment before taking it from him in my teeth. His green eyes are fixated on me for a long moment until finally I give a snort and tilt my head to the side. He smirks, "You really want me to turn around? I've already seen you before—I remember quite clearly before I marked you, you were..."

I let out a low growl at the direction of his comment which makes him chuckle, "Fine." He holds up his hands in surrender before he turns his back to me.  I shift back into my human form and quickly pull the shirt on over my body, tugging at the hem that only falls mid thigh. I clear my throat, "You can turn around lover boy..." I say in a mocking tone.

He turns to face me, letting his eyes eat up the length of my body in a slow stroll before meeting my gaze head on. I feel like someone has sucked all the air out of the room. Have his eyes always been that green? I shake my head to clear my thoughts as my hands fill with the desire to reach out and touch him but I hold back.

"You look better in my clothes than I imagined you would. Though I've spent more time imagining you out of them." He comments ruefully. I feel my lips twitch in annoyance at his suggestive words even though it sends my pulse racing, "You're a pervert."

He shrugs his shoulders with a pleased smirk on his lips, "So what are you doing here Grace?I didn't think I would see you again after I left you."

I narrow my eyes and cross my arms over my chest, "I don't imagine you did." I reply dryly.

"I would have let you go willingly if it weren't for one simple factor that you and I didn't account for—" I pull at the collar of the shirt cloaking my nakedness, revealing his mark, "Except you claimed me. My wolf wouldn't give me a moment of peace, always whining about 'where was her mate?' she couldn't understand the concept that you didn't want us no matter how many times I told her."

Silver's eyes were fixated on his mark, growing darker by the second. I rolled my eyes and dropped the shirt back into place snapping him out of his trance. His lips were pulled in a straight line, "I didn't leave because I didn't want you. Wanting you has never been the problem Grace..."