Chapter 8: Flying Metal Death Traps..

Chapter 8

~Scottie’s POV~

Everybody was pissed.

It would have been comical if the situation hadn’t called for such seriousness. I turned around in my chair, looking through the gap in my seat. Adrian and Lucas sat behind me. Lucas was cornered by the window, ear phones in, while he pretended to look at something fascinating outside his window.

His jaw was clenched and every now and then his right eye would twitch. I could understand why he was pissed I mean, Adrian was indirectly involved in the injury to one of Lucas’s friends. Adrian refused to call off his men, he had refused to let Lucas out of his sight all day and Lucas had been forced onto the plane when Adrian told him he would deal with Laken without him. That threat to no one’s surprise had been effective and now here Lucas sat, pissed and silent in his corner.

Then I looked at Adrian who was pissed because Lucas had accused him of something he really had to right to accuse him of which would have pissed off anyone really, on top of that Lucas couldn’t go two minutes without uttering Laken’s name and being that Adrian was so possessive and prone to bouts of jealousy; that had to be frustrating.

Then Lucas had broken up with him just when things had finally seemed to be right on track. I was of the opinion that Adrian could have easily called off his men but I think it had to do with the fact Lucas had ordered him to do it why he had refused. There was nothing Adrian hated more than someone telling him what to do.

“Will you turn around and keep still.” My older brother Marcus growled from where he sat beside me and when I didn’t immediately listen he grabbed the arm of my jacket and pulled me around to face forward. I glared at him.

Here was pissed contestant number three. He was only pissed because Adrian was dragging us all down to the states so as usual he had to take out his anger on me, which got me pissed because I certainly didn’t do anything wrong.

He always treated me like a child and I hated it. I was a twenty three year old man for God’s sake! “How about you mind your own damn business and leave me be.” I said, glaring at the side of my brother’s face but when he turned his glinting eyes on me I shut my mouth and turned around.

He was pissed enough already I figured my safety demanded that I not add to it and so I dropped my head into my hand  and looked out the window preparing myself for what was to be a long flight indeed.

………………………………………..

~Marcus’s POV~

I just wanted to get the fuck out of here. The two behind me were so quiet I could hear them breathing and Scottie was fidgeting like a kid on caffeine. This entire excursion was a big mistake and I couldn’t imagine any good would come from it.

Adrian was only going to get hurt by the asshole he called his lover and we’d all be stuck there for an indefinite amount of time in some backwoods, uncivilized area with nothing to do but count the stars, fend off stupid wolves and waste precious time we could be using to better our organization.

“Lucas said he phoned the pack, told them he was bringing along a few friends. I don’t think they know who we are.” Scottie spoke up.

“I heard.” Was my reply and it was as if my small reply had been what he’d been waiting for because he opened his mouth and the assault began.

“Apparently Carson; that’s the Alpha,” he explained and I fought the urge to groan. “Called up Lucas and asked him to look into us. They don’t actually know that Lucas is dating Adrian and they don’t know how we look. Isn’t that crazy?” he gushed and I took a deep breath and let it out again.