Second Glance (requested Riko x Kasamatsu)

Riko x Kasamatsu requested by tumblr user

prompt: can you do a riko x kasamatsu when riko is getting hit on and the boys won't leave her alone just when kasamatsu was about to save her she beating them up by her self and so kasamatsu took intrest in her thank you

Normally, Kagetora Aida would be the one to commute far off to submit paperwork for his gym once per month. Only did this day, however, he was held up with work at the gym so he asked his one and only daughter, Riko Aida, to submit the paperwork for him. She responded with a groan, but she knew she had nothing much else to do, so she accepted his request.

To her surprise, the office that she went to was very near Kaijō high school. immediately, the thought of the Kaijō basketball team's ace, Kise Ryouta, crossed her mind. She wonders how much he's progressed.

She was on the bus, leaving the office and to another bus stop which would result in her walking for a half our in order to reach her house. While riding the bus, she sat near an unusual group of boys, who fidgeted often as shot her strange looks. She ignored them, not paying attention to the pairs of eyes looking up and down at her. When the bus reached its destination, she quickly stepped off and began to walk down the sidewalk, completely minding her own business; until the group of boys decided it would be funny to follow her. Riko ignored them once again, thinking they would eventually leave her alone if she paid no attention to them. This only triggered the group more.

After walking for several minutes, she couldn't shake the group off. Even when she took radical turns and walked in circles, they still found a way to stay on her heels. The brunette girl just about had it. She spun around on her heels and faced them, wearing a cross facial expression.

"Can I help you guys?" she blurted out to them, the expressions on the boys' faces suddenly changing dramatically. They were all quiet.

"Well?" Riko asked, placing her hands on he hips in irritation.

"We just all thought-"

"-you were kinda cute looking-"

"-so we decided to follow you-"

"-and see if we could talk to you-"

Riko raised a sharp eyebrow, then sighed. "You could have just asked instead of following me." she responded.

"Really? So does that mean we can hang out with you?" they all said excitedly.

"No. Have a good day." Riko smiled, then erased her smile and turned around to walk back to her original destination. The group of boys exchanged glances, then smirked. They walked fast and caught up to her, surrounding her from all sides.

"What did I tell you guys? I told you to leave-"

"We don't take no for an answer." the tall blond one said. Riko gritted her teeth in irritation.

"Leave me alone." she said firmly, and tried to break the wall of boys to let her through, but, of course, they didn't let her grabbing her by the wrist which shocked her greatly. The boys began to close around her.

In the shadows down the street, someone has also been following the group and the single. He knew the group of boys would pull something like this, and, wanting to make sure nothing happened, he decided to follow too. When she told them off first, he thought they would leave her alone. Now that he's seeing the boys close around her, he decided to leave the shadows to race out and help her.

Kasamatsu wasn't one who flawlessly talked to girls. As a matter of fact, he was the opposite. He wasn't very familiar with Seirin basketball teams's coach, but he knew trouble would happen once those boys followed her off the bus. He was sure the coach didn't notice her, for he was wearing a red baseball cap, with an orange hoodie with the hood pulled over his cap.

He began to run towards the now struggling group, thinking that the boys now had their hands on her. After he ran closer, however, he realized it wasn't Riko that was struggling, it was the group of boys. One of them was on the ground, gripping his hand tightly as he rolled over the floor. Another was completely knocked out. Riko was in the process of sucker punching the third one. As he fell, she turned towards the blond one who was just ready to take off, but she grabbed him from the back of the collar and threw him onto the ground. She sat on him, grabbing his legs and curling them back as far as possible until he tapped out. Riko stood up and fixed her clothes, stepping over the boys to continue walking, but was stopped when she noticed someone was watching her. Riko glances over at the person in the hoodie, but took a second glance to look at him. Kasamatsu noticed her watching him watching her so he quickly pulled out his phone and pretended to be on it. Turning his back to her, he thought she would shrug him off and go on her own way, but he felt someone watching him so he turned around and nearly dropped his phone when he saw the girl standing right in front of him.

"Do I know you?" Riko asked, leaning in to get a closer look at his face.

"I-um-probably-" the shy boy pulled his cap visor low to cover his eyes. He's never really talked to girls on his own, but now a girl was talking to him.

"... Kasamatsu-Kun?" Riko said.

"Y-yes." Kasamatsu said, pulling the visor back up to reveal his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Well, I was on the bus with you, and," he looked away scratching his chin, "I saw them follow you so I followed too to make sure nothing happened to you." He looked down while he said this so he didn't have to see her face.

"I wasn't aware. But, thank you for your kind action though. It means a lot." she stuck out her hand. "I'll thank you properly the next time we play each other."

Kasamatsu looked at her hand, and slowly put his over hers. She firmly grasped his and shook it gently.

"We won't disappoint you." he said confidently.

She smiled and said goodbye. While she left, Kasamatsu stood there watching her. The warmth of her hand never left his, instead, it traveled up his arm and down his spine. His heart began to quicken, and he didn't know whether it was because he was excited to play his next game or excited to see her again.