Chapter 8 - Taken By A Pretty French Girl

Chapter 8

Saturday morning arrived quickly, the freezing chill welcoming me as I stepped outside the castle. George pulled me into him and placed his arm over my shoulders because I was shaking as he, Fred, Rose and I walked to Hogsmeade. It was almost 2 o'clock and we were close to the Hogs  Head pub, after getting lost only once.

A foot of snow layered the ground like a thick blanket, but a path had been cleared either by all the people walking the path or magic, it was hard to tell. Rose jittered beside me, jumping at every noise and glancing around with paranoia clouding her eyes.

"Rose, you need to calm down," Fred told his sister, laughing at her as she jumped when he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm trying, it's kind of hard though considering we could all be expelled for this" she replied, glaring at him.

"Rose, everything will be fine. I made sure it was all top secret" I reassured her, also giggling at her reactions. She didn't appreciate it.

The small, decrepit building came into view and the grey of the cement almost blended with the dirty now that surrounded it.

"Nice place" Fred commented as we wandered inside.

A large man with a stain white shirt and a toothless smile greeted us and gestured towards the stairs. We all just nodded politely and continued.

The room was almost full when we walked in, with Harry, Hermione and Ron sitting at the front on old wooden crates.

The four of us quickly took the only seats left available, and then the room was completely hushed.

No one talked for a few moments, each of the three up the front glancing warily at each other before Hermione finally took lead and stood up. "Um, hi, so we all know why we're here. We need a teacher" Hermione started. She paused for only a moment before adding "Well, a real teacher. One who's had real experience dealing with the dark arts themselves".

A voice startled me from the back of the room. "Why?" I looked around and saw it came from Finn, a Ravenclaw 6th year

"Why?" Ron asked incredulously. "Because You-Know-Who is back you toss pop" Ron replied snarkily, throwing an 'are-you-off-your-head' look.

"So he says" Finn retorted, looking at Harry.

"So Dumbledore says" Hermione struck back.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?" Finn went on. This kid was really beginning to grate on my nerves. But I guess that's what everyone was wondering as there was a long pause.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed," A 5th year said, Cullum, I think. Well shit, that was a stupid thing to ask. I glared at the 5th year, and when he caught my glance, he paled.

Harry burst, jumping up from his chair, "I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here you may as well clear out now" Harry exploded, turning to Hermione. "Come on Hermione let's go. There just here because they think I'm some sort of freak" Harry whispered. I sighed, gazing at the young man in front of me, he didn't have the confidence. I could see it as he worried, he didn't think he could do this.

"Wait" Hermione whispered back, and that's when Luna spoke.

"Is it true you can produce the Patronus charm?" she asked in her fairy light like voice, her head tilting and making her long platinum blonde hair fall slightly to the side. She wore it in a ponytail today, which was usual.