Chapter 14 - Freddiekins

Chapter 14

No matter what I was doing, he always seemed to trickle into my thoughts. So much for getting over my feelings for Fred, I could tell that wasn't going to happen. I had to find another way as the distance wasn't working, especially considering after what happened yesterday with Umbridge, Fred didn't leave my side and I never wanted him too.

It was just a day of him trying to make me smile as much as possible with jokes and stories, and hugs. One way or another he was touching me, I think he was trying to make up for lost time, or making sure I was really ok with it after the two weeks of uncalled for cold shoulder.

His brown eyes stole my attention as I stared out the window onto a quiet street in London, the street lights glowing a dim yellow flickering light onto the pavement as the night slowly stole away the last of the light.

"Charlotte" I heard Reginald call my name, snapping my attention back to reality, away from the red head that filled my desires.

"Hmm?" I asked, looking over to his tall frame. He was sitting on the frilly white couch with his legs crossed as he flicked through the magazine of the muggle that owned this house.

"We're about to interrogate a suspected death eater, you may want to pay attention to something like that. You bored?" he warned, although he said it with a smile so I knew he wasn't angry, only joking around. When it came to me accompanying Reginald on jobs like this, he was surprisingly relaxed, but I'd gotten used to it after the first few times.

He'd brought me to this little house on some unknown street of London as the ministry had received reports of a suspected death eater occupying a muggle home. Reginald volunteered for the job, and told me it was a good experience if he was really a death eater to know what one would be like. Little did he know I'd already met a few unfortunately.

"Of course not, got a little distracted is all" I replied, shrugging it off.

Reginald went to reply, but the clicking of the door being unlocked forced his words to be left unsaid. He rose from the couch just as the main entry door swung open, a rather tall man in a long black leather jacket strode in, his heavy boots making his appearance known.

As soon as he looked around the room, his eyes locked on us and his body started to disfigure as he began to aparate away.

"Ensigno!" I yelled, pointing my wand at the man and flicking my wrist in the correct way. The black smoke began to fade and the man's body came back into full form.

Reginald turned to me with a quick smile, "Well done Charlotte, I see you did your homework". I nodded back, keeping my focus on the spell I was casting. When I chose the spell to keep a person is suspended animation from the book of spells, I didn't realise I'd use it quite as soon.

"Sir, I only have a few questions" Reginald started. His wand was directed straight at the man, and a felt a little lighter as he took some of the weight of the spell.

"I don't have to answer them" the man replied with a glare.

"I think you do" Reginald replied, twisting his wand. The man let out a gasp of pain, and started huffing until Reginald untwisted his wrist.

"What do you want to know?" the man asked, his face red and sweat dripped down his forehead.

Reginald began questioning, and I knew as a part of my training, I should have been listening, but this man's face was so unique, it triggered a part of my memory, but it just wouldn't quite surface.