Chapter 2 - Shadows

Chapter 2

"First day of our last year Charlotte!" Roze beamed, starring down at the last timetable she'd receive for Hogwarts.

Earlier this morning, I'd found Professor McGonagall and told her I'd agree to the internship. She seemed pleased and said she'd inform both Dumbledore and Mr Hornwell.

"What classes do you have Char?" Ari asked me, leaning over to look at my timetable and started to list.

"1st Period – Potions
2nd – Care Of Magical Creatures
Break
3rd – Charms
4th – Transfiguration
Lunch
5th - Advanced DADA
6th – Divination"

"I have the same except for 2nd and 5th. I've got Studies of Ancient Runes and Alchemy" Fred told me, smiling.

"Well, we better get to Potions then. Anyone else have that?" I asked, standing up with Fred, grabbing my bag as I did.

"I do!" Roze and Cameron exclaimed together and then started laughing.

"Jinx!" Roze yelled at him, he just rolled his eyes.

The 4 of us headed towards the potions classroom while the others went to their own classes.

"Yay, class with Snape first thing in the morning. Don't you love that?" Cameron sighed, sitting down in a seat at the second last table from the back with Roze. Fred and I sat at the table behind them.

"His warm shining smile always lights up my day" Cameron replied sarcastically. They both giggled. I rolled my eyes at the pair.

Snape walked in from the storage cupboard and everyone immeadiately shut up. "All right students, today we will be preparing the antidote to some uncommon poisons. Pair up and get out your text books."

Fred and I got out our texts books and opened it to the right page, just as Snape walked over to our table. "Mr Weasley, Miss Hale, I would like you to work separately for the rest of the semester" he told us.

"Why?" Fred asked, looking at the professor incredulously.

"I'm preventing disruptions to my class" he replied.

"That's unfair, we haven't done anything" I said.

"I'm the teacher" Snape spat, glaring at me. Snape has never liked me but his newfound hatred towards me was a bit surprising.

"You're also prejudice" I returned.

"Miss Hale, do not be so rude and talk back to a teacher" Snape glared. At this point, the entire class was listening in. I looked around the classroom at all the eyes watching us.

"Don't I have the right to ask questions sir?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Detention this afternoon Miss Hale" was all Snape said and he stormed back to the front of the classroom, snapping everyone's attention back to the potion on hand.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Detention on the first day" I shook my head.

"Again" Ari said, giggling. I laughed and shrugged, looing to Fred.

"At least we still get to sit together" I shrugged.

"Miss Hale, you're finished cleaning, you may go" Snape told me after an hour of cleaning out cauldrons.

I nodded my head and walked swiftly out the door, not allowing anytime for Snape to change his mind and get me to start cleaning out his storage closet too.