Chapter 20 - Beginning

Chapter 20

"You chose to wake up during the twenty minutes I convinced Fred to get something to eat from the feast. You really are cruel" are the first words I hear when waking up in the hospital wing. I look over to find Roze grinning at me, before pouncing on me and hugging me until I couldn't breathe.

"We just have that kind of luck" I wheezed.

She pulled back and then threw back my covers. "Come on then, the nurse said you'd be free to go when you woke up. She gave you something to fix your concussion. As long as you're feeling alright, we can get out of here" she grinned, holding out my jean shorts and a cream knit sweater to me.

As soon as I confirmed I was feeling fine, she forced me into getting changed and dragged me out of the hospital wing.

We walked down the stairs and it made me smile that all the paintings had been put back in their rightful place. Students hurried around, laughing and joking as they readied to leave on the Hogwarts express, making me realise it was last day of term. I'd been out for at least 2 days.

"Stay here" Roze instructed, putting her hands on my shoulders and placing me in the courtyard, under a blossoming Relion tree, which was a beautiful magical flower that changed colour with the seasons. Right now at the beginning of summer? Pink.

She disappeared inside and I assumed went straight to the great hall. I shook my head at the dramatics of the girl and looked around as everything seemed warmed and brighter. I had no idea what'd happened since passing out at the ministry, but Roze's first priority was getting Fred. And honestly, mine was too.

Roze appeared with Fred, but her hands were over his eyes and she was guiding him towards me. Seriously, dramatics and Roze came hand in hand.

"Roze, whatever the surprise is, can't it wait? I want to get back to Charlotte" I heard him say as they got closer.

"Charlotte is perfectly fine in the hospital wing, the girls are with her" Roze lied through her teeth. I rolled my eyes at her. "This is for your shop, so just be excited". Shop? What shop? He had a shop? I sent a questioning look to Roze. She just sent me a sheepish one back and mouthed 'Ask him later'.

"Ok, but be quick. Madam Pomfrey said she'd probably wake up today" Fred asked. It made me smile. God, I missed him and I don't even remember being passed out.

"Hush, now you have to count to ten and I have to stand away otherwise it won't work. It won't have its full effect if you don't count to ten. Promise you count" Roze ordered.

"I promise" Fred laughed.

"Promise you promise?"

"I promise Roze" Fred nodded exasperatedly.

Roze removed her hands and checked his eyes were closed, which they were. "Ok, count" she said, and ran off.

"1, 2, 3" Fred began, but Roze was already long gone.

"4-"

"Are you really going to count to ten?" I asked with a giggle. His eyes shot open, and when he confirmed it was in fact me, a grin spread across his face.

It didn't get to stay for long as I closed the two step distance between us and I pressed my lips to his, softly and slowly at first, drawing him in as my hands slid up his chest and to his neck. His fingers drew up my back, sending shivers down my spine. He pulled at my bottom lip, coaxing me to open my mouth and kiss him harder, and I did.

I pulled back and rested my forehead against his, smiling back at his grinning face. "You're still an idiot" I breathed.

He leaned away and nodded, "I know" he agreed, making me laugh.

"Should I tell you I love you and run away now, make us even?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Tell me you love me, but please don't run away" he whispered.

I leaned closer, catching his lips with mine again. "I love you" I said quietly.

His grin was infectious, and I caught it on my lips as well when the words left his lips. "I love you too" he replied. I smiled as he pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapped around my waist as mine went around his neck.

Suddenly something barreled into my side, forcing me to let go of Fred as we both fell to the grassy ground. I looked up and found George on top of me grinning. "Hello sister-in-law."

I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug. "I'm not your sister in law. Fred and I aren't married" I sighed, shaking my head.

He just shrugged and turned to Fred. "Aren't you going to get up me for straddling your girlfriend?" George asked playfully. Fred laughed at his brother.

"She's not my girlfriend considering I haven't asked her George, you kind of interrupted" Fred replied. George looked guiltily between us, but then gained a mischievous smile, jumped off me all the while pulling me to my feet, then dragging Fred to stand up as well and placing him next to me.

"Do you Fred Weasley, take Charlotte Hale to be your unlawfully unwedded girlfriend?" George asked, taking on a sermon voice. Fred pushed his brother backwards, laughing. I shook my head at the two.

George held his hands up, backing away and walking back toward the door. "I'll give you guys a couple minutes" he called over his shoulder.

I turned to Fred. "Nice weather huh? Beautiful and sunny" I started. Fred laughed at me.

"Not as beautiful as you"

"Cheesy"

"But true"

I shrugged, smiling at him. He moved his hand to my cheek, stroking his thumb across my skin. I leant into his touch. "Char, will you be my unlawfully, unwedded girlfriend?" he asked, making me chuckle.

"I'd love to" I nodded. He leaned down and kissed my lips, pulling me closer to him.

"Are you done yet?!" I heard the unmistakable French accent of Ari. I looked over to see she, and everyone else were peering 'secretively' into the court yard. I laughed and turned back to Fred.

"We're only just beginning" he whispered.