Chapter Eleven: Oh No

The first time Louis saw them, he didn't make a comment about it. Harry had just been rescued from being beaten, most likely, to death. So, Louis just ignored them, because it wasn't really something he wanted to bring onto the already stressed boy. Also, he just made an assumption and thought they were just from being in HPA. He knew about all of the things HPA did to hybrids, especially to ones like Harry. He knows that once he was responsible for hurting Harry. Of course Louis never actually hurt Harry, but he ordered others to.

          After Harry had woken up from his long, deep sleep, Louis had ordered him to shower or something. At least let Louis clean up his wounds. Harry had refused plenty of times, not letting Louis touch him. But, after a lot of fighting when Harry almost collapsed after trying to stand up, Harry finally agreed to let Louis just clean his wounds. Make sure that he didn't have any serious ones.

          He lifted up his shirt and pulled it off, throwing it to the ground. Harry was aware of everything on his back. He knew Louis would see the multiple scars and wounds. Of course he was a little frightened of what Louis would say. So, that's why he was so hesitant. 

          But, after lifting off and taking off the shirt, Harry was very surprised when Louis didn't react to the scars. Louis just cleaned up the wounds and moved on with his life, making Harry feel a little relieved and curious. Why wouldn't Louis make just a little comment? Louis was just scared to ask because he knew the answer would hurt him. So, after that first time, he promised himself not to question Harry about it. For his own selfish reasons. 

~~O~~

          The second time Louis saw the scars on Harry's back was a week after the incident. At this point, Harry had been staying at Louis' flat for about two months. Somehow, Harry had fallen in love with Louis, and had made a little dent in Louis' life. It wasn't the kind of dent that Louis wanted to cover. It was one that Louis wanted to be proud of. Harry had somehow wedged himself into Louis' heart, and he couldn't deny that. 

          So, Harry was a bit more comfortable around Louis. Sure, Louis was still wary around Harry, because Harry is a serial killer. And sure, Louis still sometimes snaps at Harry. But, Harry still keeps this small bond between them that can't really be separated. 

          This concludes in Harry starting to walk around the flat without a shirt. The first time Harry did it, Louis had pretended it was some heinous crime and made Harry cover up. But, the second time Harry wore no shirt was the second time Louis saw that scars. This time, Louis stared at the scars instead of making Harry cover them right away. 

          He didn't want to ask because he knew the answer. Louis was trying to hide from the truth. There was something very ugly about this truth. And he knew it would put some kind of tension between the small, already breakable friendship Louis and Harry had been building. 

          But, Louis couldn't hold it in anymore. As Harry's tail flicked side-to-side in a trance-like matter, Louis had voiced his question.

          "Harry, what are those scars on your back? They are too old looking to be from the gang thing," Louis had said, making an uncomfortable tension flow through the peaceful air. Harry's tail had stopped flicking and his stance had stiffened. 

          Harry had turned around and smiled a little, feigning innocence to what Louis had just asked. "What ever do you mean, Louis? What scars are you talking about? No scars on my back," Harry had squeaked out, his ears flattening against his head, his curly hair concealing the flaps.

          Louis had scoffed and shook his head. "Don't give me shit, Harry, we both know what scars I'm talking about. Why would you be acting to suspicious if there wasn't any scars?" Louis crossed his arms across his chest and stood from his position the couch. He walked over to Harry and stuck out his hand to touch one of the many scars. Harry had shivered under the touch, making Louis flinch a little.