Chapter 15: The Drawings

*Unknown POV*

Nobody ever believed me when the virus first hit, they called me an outcast or an idiot. Well, now the jokes on them because they're all dead- all gone.

I was laughed at, my drawings made fun of, called insane and now I'm the one laughing. Because they have nothing, everything they had was torn away from them and I burned it. I destroyed them, slowly taking away every little thing they had until they were on their knees and begging for mercy. We may have been immature and stupid children, but grudges can survive a long time. This apocalypse giving me the power I'd so badly craved.

These grudges can surface at any point and opportunities just unravelled. They were almost too easy to break, dead before they realised what was coming. That takes all of the fun out of death, when you don't see it coming, it's much more entertaining when you can see the fear in their eyes. They were at my feet in the final moments before death and I showed no forgiveness, I sliced them apart and they paid for the memories they scared me with.

Nobody will tell me I'm a freak again, nobody will wear me down to nothing but a broken child. Because I spread fear now, everybody who crossed me fears for their life.

They smiled at my childhood trauma, but I laughed as I killed them.