Authors Note/Q&A

Firstly I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read, voted and commented on my two stories, I can't thank you enough and none of this would have been possible without your support! I also decided to make this chapter because I've been told there are some questions left unanswered, so here I'll answer them! You can either comment or PM me your question and I'll answer it in this chapter. It can also be for me or, metaphorically, one of my characters.

Thank you so much for all this support and I couldn't have done it without you.

Lots of love,

GeorgiaMD2000

xxx

Questions

1) Who is your favourite character in the books?

That's so hard because I love them all but I'd have to go with Madeline's Mum, I just loved her attitude to the apocalypse! The way she'd have cookies and milk for Madeline and her friends, she also has a special bond with Madeline as she was the only one that knew about Daniel.

2) Will there be a third book?

I haven't planned to write one and seeing as the main character is dead it would be hard! The only thought I had was doing a spin-off with a different character, it would really depend if people wanted that.

3) Why did you kill Madeline?

I had planned it from the very start, it just felt right, I know there is a lot of death in my books but I think it fits the genre. Also, I felt that Madeline's death portrayed justice and finality in a sense, again, it felt right.

4) What was your favourite chapter/s to write?

In the first book, it was probably the chapters at the lake house, I really enjoyed writing a story that felt like teen fiction for once! In the second book, I have to say the ending, the big reveals and fights were so much fun to write!

5) What was the scariest thing to write?

That's a hard one! Probably the chapters where they're in the caves though, I'm a very claustrophobic person and the thought of what was happening gave me shivers!

6) Did you cry at any point when writing?

The ending of Revenge of the Dead made me emotional but I didn't cry, I put all my emotion into the chapter and hopefully portrayed it. I haven't read it back yet, I think it probably would make me cry then!

7) Are the books finished then?

This is going to sound weird but for now! At the moment I don't plan on them going any further, but if people really like them and want me to do more in the future I guess I have a few surprises up my sleeve.

8) What is Brigade Reads?

Brigade Reads is part of a group I'm in that have helped me promote and get feedback on my book, it has been a great help and the constructive criticism has been so helpful! I also have to thank Brigade Reads for choosing my story as a featured book in their book of the week system, I'm so grateful. 

9) What is the funniest couple people have wanted?

Well, I have had somebody want Madeline and Eli, and vice versa with Sophie and Josh as well! I don't know if they're funny couples, though?

10) What did you enjoy most about writing these books?

You guys are defiantly the best, all your support and guidance has been amazing! You're all stars and thank you so much.

11) What was the hardest part of writing the books?

Definitely the editing, now I've gone back over and re-read it there's a lot of mistakes. I don't know how you guys can read it! But I'm trying my hardest to edit it at the moment, it's been the hardest part.

12) Why the song at the end?

The song I chose is Train Wreck by James Arthur, it's all about needing a saviour to undo the bad things you've done or experienced. It's about taking a chance even if the chance of success is tiny. I think it relates to firstly, me writing the book- me taking a chance even though I never thought it would grow. Secondly, I think it relates to some of the decisions made by Madeline, especially ones relating to the cure. All in all, it's truly beautiful.

13) Is your book published on a website?

No, that is my other book: When the Fog comes Rolling in. It is only a short story of the paranormal genre, but it has been published onto a website.

14) Would you write short one-shots for the books?

Is that something you'd all want? If yes, please tell me and I will certainly try!

15) How did you come up with the idea?

I really wanted to write a zombie book where the main character helped start it all but was someone young and relatable, that's the first thought I had. Slowly, and about twenty zombie films later, Rise of the dead was born! I just created pages and pages of ideas and notes which eventually came together to form a book, it took a long time.

16) How do you deal with hate?

Luckily I haven't really got hate in this book, only constructive criticism which I'm always thankful for because it means I can improve my writing.

17) What advice would you give to new writers?

I would say just keep going, it takes ages to get any growth on a book so just persevere until you do. Always try to find ways to make your work better and keep rereading and editing.

18) Does it upset you when people are rude about the characters in your book?

Not at all, it makes them human. Everyone does things that annoy others and I think it's important I try and weave that into the books.

19) How has it been to watch your books grow?

It's been amazing! The past two years have felt like an incredibly long time just watching the reads slowly go up, but looking back now it feels like yesterday when I started writing the first chapter.

I spent the next three years editing and promoting my work, as well as taking part in schemes to share my book with other Wattpad readers. I can't stress enough how much these techniques helped me and I wouldn't be there without them. I still remember the feeling when I hit 100 reads though, and that feeling is just multiplied whenever I hit a milestone.

20) What have you been doing since finishing Revenge of the Dead?

Good question! Honestly, I can't say it's been much. I've primarily been editing the two books as well as creating graphics for them, that took a lot longer than I thought and put me back a few months. I've been focusing a lot on my education and writing in my spare time, I currently have two books I'm creating:

• I'll be Back in a Year - Teen Fiction/Adventure
• Of All The Ways To Die - Dystopian/Mystery

Each are making very slow progress but previews will be out soon!

21) When can we get another book?

Ok, I've been asked this so much it's only fair. How about if this book gets to 50k I'll write another spin-off/sequel if it's requested.

If anyone has ideas please pm me and I'll take as many as I can forward or onboard. I love hearing from you guys!